Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Total Lunacy
Total Lunacy
The Government of Maldives, a small nation badly struck by the Tsunami of recent memory, has ordered a market building demolished. The building in question is the economic center of a major fishing community.
Why? Not because it was structurally unsound. It was newly built.
Because it was built using money from a Western charity that is loosely affiliated with a Human Rights Activist group that has protested against abuses by the Maldives government.
--
"I give you the beautiful... the talented... the tirelessly atomic-powered...
R!
DOROTHY!
WAYNERIGHT!

--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
Re: Total Lunacy
I can't say I'm surprised. Many governments have acted in an authoritarian manner to both suppress dissent and symbols of dissent.
My favorite 'wtf?' moment with regards to this is when the PM of Indonesia wanted to get rid of the Deputy PM and declared he was a homosexual - which was news to his wife - and jailed him under the Secrets act (without charging him). The Deputy PM btw is a compromise to another party since it was a coalition government. After the streets erupted in mass protest, they brought the Deputy PM back out and their explanation for why he was so bruised was because he was so ashamed of his homosexuality that he beat himself up.
(Guess how many people believed that?)