Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hacking
Hacking
How serious of a crime would y'all consider hacking?
I play on a small game (~600-700 during the day, ~400-500 at singa tz, hitting to around ~800 on weekends). Recently, there were some Chinese hackers that hacked the game and gave themselves a lot of resources. However, certain players gave their password out to these hackers who then used those characters to hack and give those characters resources too. The group in charge of the game decided to ban the hackers as well as those that took advantage of the hackers. Now, this has spawned a huge discussion on what exactly is the proper punishment for those that gave the hackers access to their accounts.
Assuming first time offense and only giving access, if you were the company, would you choose to ban their accounts (note: not the isp) anyway?
My personal inclination is yes, but I'm interested in what y'all think.
Re: Hacking
They are helping cheaters (effectinely criminals) cheat and letting their online selves be altered by criminals. The went out of their way to gain counterfit resources for personal gain (yes giving it away to a cause is personal gain). So If getting banned from one game is what it takes to hammer the point home so be it. If they do it again on a different game, they are just cheating end of story.
If they want to cheat so badly, get a server specifically for that purpose. Yet another reason for their to be a single player game, get the cheating out of your system.