Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reply to the shirts thread from general.
Reply to the shirts thread from general.
*Sigh*

Not even gonna try anymore.

Fine. We're evil. All republicans are evil. I'M evil. Okay? I eat babies for breakfast. I drain old people of fluids for lunch. I grind up black people
and serve them for dinner. Okay then? Happy?

You guys who are on the left? You're going to win, this November. This much is a given. There are people on the Republican/Conservative side who think
reason will prevail. But I think a lot of us know better. Obama is the next President. And nothing the Republicans and McCain can say or do is going to stop
that. I don't think it's necessarily because the media is on his side (though they are). I just think that the collective mood of the whole populace is
just tired of this. I certainly am. I'm sick unto death of the wild accusations. Of the insane conspiracy theories. Of people just being OUT OF THEIR
FREAKING MINDS about ONE GUY.

So I wash my hands of trying to talk sense to anybody anymore about anything concerning politics until after the elections. Hell, until inaugural day next
January. Until your bogeyman Bush is gone, you're not going to be able to think clearly.

So y'know what? We on the right? We're just going to stand aside. I'm not really all that enthused about McCain and I don't know anybody on our
side who is. He's just a different flavor of the same shit sandwich we're about to be served this coming election. So why bother? If it will get
everybody who is insane with rage over Bush to calm. the. fuck. down. Then maybe it's worth it just to let the Democrats take over for awhile.

I understand that and I'll accept it. I'll try my best to ignore any creep of politics into General. Just accept that it's going to happen. And how
slanted it's going to be. I'd rather keep my friends and forgive them for their wrong-headedness then get angry and frustrated over any of this crap.

Do as thou wilt.

That's being awfully sensitive, considering the impetus is a "Republicans for Voldemort" shirt. I mean, we on the left were being accused of
being Communists for years, not to mention being accused of being terrorist-coddlers and Saddam Hussein-lovers far more recently. And the right have been
compared with fascism for quite awhile before Bush came around and made it fashionable.

If this bothers you so much, then let us all consider it a valuable lesson in polite political discourse.

Also, do you seriously think Republicans winning every election is a "reason will prevail" situation? I'm hard-core left and I wouldn't want
the Democrats (or my own country's Liberals) to win all the time. Parties who are secure in their power become corrupt and ineffectual. Bush made a hash of
things (I think his disapproval rates even among his own constituency make that as objective a statement as you can possibly get in politics, regardless of
opinions on any one specific action) and his party are almost certainly going to get turfed out for it. That's how politics are supposed to work in a
functioning multiparty democracy.

Quote: That's being awfully sensitive, considering the impetus is a "Republicans for Voldemort" shirt.
The impetus is not just that one thing. It's just one more example of things that have been going on for a long time.

On the whole "winning every election" thing. Republicans have been winning a lot of Presidential elections. But for 40+ years before 1994, the
Democrats pretty much had a hammerlock on Congress. I'll admit that the Republicans didn't take nearly as long to become "corrupt and
ineffectual". Most of them forgot why they were elected in 94.

I'll agree Bush and the Republicans made a hash of thing. But not for the same reasons you would.

As to the rest - like I said, not going to bother.