Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Gravitationally Completely Collapsed Star"
"Gravitationally Completely Collapsed Star"
Because you can't use the term "black hole" anymore - from The Dallas Morning News:

Quote: Commissioner Kenneth Mayfield, who is white, said it seemed that central collections "has become a black hole" because paperwork reportedly has
become lost in the office.

Commissioner John Wiley Price, who is black, interrupted him with a loud "Excuse me!" He then corrected his colleague, saying the office has become
a "white hole."

That prompted Judge Thomas Jones, who is black, to demand an apology from Mayfield for his racially insensitive analogy.

Mayfield shot back that it was a figure of speech and a science term. A black hole, according to Webster's, is perhaps "the invisible remains of a
collapsed star, with an intense gravitational field from which neither light nor matter can escape."

Full article here.

I'm reminded of several other incidents, including when groups in the UK
created the term "thought showers" to replace "brainstorming" because they feared that latter term might be considered offensive to
epileptics. And, of course, you can forget the classic metaphor "the pot calling the kettle black."

--The Twisted One

"If you
wish to converse with me, define your
terms."

--Voltaire

Oh good lord... The politically correct strikes again!

RRRRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!

*Shakes head and chuckles*

Ah yes. County Commissioner John Wiley "Coyote" Price. Dallas County's longest serving resident nutbar, goof, and race-baiter.

As a resident of the Dallas/Fort Worth area for most of my life, I can speak with some authority on this. He's been around since the early 80s. Maybe
earlier than that.

And yes, Price IS that mono-maniacal about race. He pulls one of these hair-brained stunts every few months. He's actually been relatively below the radar
(amazingly enough) for about 3-4 years now. I'd started to wonder if he was still around. But he finally popped up again. I can TOTALLY believe he either
a) wouldn't know what a "black hole" really was or b) was willing to use it to cause a scene because some white lawyer was getting in his face
about something.

He's fairly savvy with his constituency and seems to "bring home the bacon" on their behalf, I'll give him that. He's pretty much got
such a lock on his district for his office that he doesn't have to worry about getting re-elected. So he can get away with stuff like this year after year.

But he is SO focussed on race issues that he often looks ridiculous. Case in point. This is actually one of his MILDER blow-ups. He's turned shooting
oneself in the foot publicly to a high art form. In fact, there was once a local political cartoon of him and a former candidate for Texas governor I recall. I
forget the specifics, but both of them had said or done some pretty ridiculous things in the same span of days. But JWPs gaffe was (as usual) FAR more
entertaining. So the cartoonist had the candidate for Governor holding a shotgun with a hole in his cartoon feet looking on with admiration as the caricature
of JWP riddled his own feet with a sub-machine gun.

Just do a google search on him if you want to see more stuff like this. This is FAR from his worst.

Every village has its idiot, and Price is ours.

In Texas, even the village idiots are bigger. [Image: wink.gif]