Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HHS moves to redefine contracepton as abortion
HHS moves to redefine contracepton as abortion
A recently leaked draft regulation from the Department of Health and Human Services (PDF available here) attepts to redefine many forms of contraception, including IUDs and many forms of oral
contraception, as "abortion," and allowing employees of any agency, public or private, to refuse to perform or dispense any such measure if they have
a moral or religious objection, including even those responsible for instrument sterilization (see here). The result of this could very well be a drastic reduction in the
availability of contraception to American women.

Sources:

The Wall Street Journal

RH Reality Check

Women's Health
News

"The Questionable Authority"

"GrrlScientist"

"PalMD" at Denialism Blog

--The Twisted One

"If you
wish to converse with me, define your
terms."

--Voltaire

Once again I find myself saying "Who told you people you could call yourself conservative?"

Quote:Requirements that emergency rooms offer rape victims the morning-after pill, insurance plans cover contraception as part of prescription-drug benefits, and pharmacists fill prescriptions for birth control.

I suggest that pharmacists not be required to fill prescriptions for birth control... as long as the store they work for isn't required to pay them. '.'

-Morgan. If your conscience won't allow you to do the job you were hired for, just fucking QUIT already. -.-

Quote: I suggest that pharmacists not be required to fill prescriptions for birth control... as long as the store they work for isn't required to pay them.
"Personal opinions have no place in this pharmacy -- you have to sell people condoms whether you think they deserve to get laid or not!"
-- Approximate quote of a cartoon caption. This sort of debate has been going on for a while. Now the Federal Nanny I mean Government is
trying to put U.S. law behind it.
-----
Big Brother is watching you.  And damn, you are so bloody BORING.

In the words of Charlie Brown, "Good grief."

People... Contraceptives should not be restricted. This is not the Dark Ages, nor do we live in a world of Mosaic Law (contrary to some belief systems). Let us
not go the way of the Taliban in this regard.