Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I HAVE A DREAM
I HAVE A DREAM
(apologies to Mr. King)

A dream where Politicians truely are accontable to the people they serve; where the people hold the ultimate power.

That of the purse.

I dont know how many of you are aware of the present situation in California, but our state has been operating without a budget for almost 90 days now while
the Democrats and the Republicans fight.

That's right. They were supposed to have had a budget passed back on the FIRST OF JULY. And almost every year they fail to do so. YET THEY STILL GET
PAID.

This year, both parties are more concerned with looking good for the elections and having it their way. AND THEY ARE STILL GETTING PAID. IN FULL.

Schwartzeneger wanted to cut the pay of State Employees... People who work for US but dont have the input into the budget to the Federal Minimum Wage until
the budget was passed... BUT NO ONE IS CUTTING THE POLITICIANS SALARIES.

I SAY
ENOUGH!

Californians need to stand up and say to their Elected officials "WAIT a SECOND, This isnt what we sent you to Sacramento to do!!!"

To be honest, I dont know how many of you know people in California, or really care, but I Say its time WE DID SOMETHING ABOUT THIS.

I hearby call upon my fellow californians to gather together and support a direct ballot proposition, amending the State Constitution to include the following
two clauses:

1) No Elected official, nor any member of his staff shall be paid for any period in which their budget is overdue. In addition, said pay shall be returned to
the General fund to be used as needed for any purpose OTHER than recompence of elected officials.

2) ANY increase of an elected officials salary must be approved by a two thirds majority of the appropriate electorate before it becomes effective. Said pay
increases may NOT be made retroactive under any circumstances, nor may a special election be scheduled for the purposes of approving any pay raise. Such
measures MUST wait until the next regularly scheduled election.

If you are a Californian, or know one who's fed up with the way things are run, pass this along. We need eight percent of the support Schwartzeneger had
in November of 2006. That's eight percent of 4,850,157, or 388,013 signatures. With that many signatures we can have this measure placed on the ballot
DESPITE ANY ATTEMPT by the politicians to cover their wealth.

If you agree with me, help us gather these needed signatures. If your not a Californian yourself, pass this along to someone who is... or might be.

Or check your states laws... if you live in an initative state like California, start your own movement to gather signatures and demand the same of YOUR
politicians.

These are OUR elected officials. Isnt it time they were accountable to the people they represent?
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children

*sighs* I'd help by passing this along to anyone I know in the Navy, but something like that is kind of a no-no. Freedom of speach is still here, I just
can't try to sell anything where politics and religeon are concerned, you know?

True. Right now your a defender of free speech, not neccecarily a free speaker.
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children

Can we have the same for New York, please?
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.