Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
... ... Priorities?
... ... Priorities?
To the people who broke
down the door at a Wal-mart and trampled one of the clerks to death:

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU?

-Morgan. It's shit like this that makes me start talking like Mir...

I was wondering the same thing myself when I heard about it. And people wonder what the hell is wrong with Americans? I'll tell you in two words: Rampant
Consumerism.

try a more accurate term:

lack of common sense and morals

I think I'm with Fidoohki here. Just following the "no shoving" rule would have prevented this. And isn't "no shoving" one of those
things you're supposed to learn in grade school?

-Morgan. Judging from the cons I've been at, anime fans understand the no shoving rule...

Yeah, but all that means is it's just for kids.
On the subject of priorities, how about the 2006 Kentucky Law that makes the primary duty of the state Office of Homeland Security "stressing the dependence on Almighty God as being vital to the security of the Commonwealth"?  http://www.kentucky.com/210/story/608229.html]Article here.
(Yes, I know, a thread hijack.  But I just came across this article courtesy of Fark a few minutes ago, and I'm approaching RevDark levels of outrage at the Baptist (of course) minister who sneaked this into the bill.  Which is not to say I'm not outraged at the mindless mob of the original article, just... )
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Aiiigh!
I saw that article yesterday, but have not got around to commenting on it.

Yes Bob, when I look for practical mechanisms for protection of the commonwealth, the tooth-fucking-fairy, the easter-sodding-bunny,
almighty-Oedipal-gerund-god, and all the rest of the imaginary friend brigade appear right at the top of my list.

I would say that the representative responsible should have their arsehole removed, but if you actually believe in divine inter-fucking-vention as a
mechanism for security, then you demonstrably cannot find your arsehole without both hands, a flashlight, a highly trained sniffer dog, and a team of
internationally acclaimed, highly-motivated spelunkers!

Oh look he is moving in a mysterious way! Shoe bomb!

Cretinous assholes.

Okay that is just .. soo screwed up. There is a reason for seperation of church and state.

It is just so sad that people want to forget that.

Not to mention "God helps those who helps themselves."

I like how they're pretty much ignoring it though. (Other than the plaque still being there. Plaques are a non-issue.)

-Morgan.

I believe it was Heinlein who said that the surest sign a civilization is doomed is the loss of basic manners and politeness between people.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

Well it's become a 'Where's my entitlement?' country. Any wonder

that no one cares about anyone else anymore.