Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
...And the stupidity continues...
...And the stupidity continues...
http://news.yahoo.com/s/a...1fo.FgFxTBYpifpuliz1vzwcF

I'm sorry but this is just too damn much.

Oh for crying out...

(HEADDESK)

Okay. I was kind of the initial impression that the GLBT crowd had simply "overreached" and there was a backlash that created this overtly asinine
law. Fine - wasn't all that impressed with the rioting and hysterics after it was passed. Thought it reflected badly on them.

But okay. NOW I can get where the anger is coming from. These people have GOT to be stopped.

As a bit of background into my thinking - I'm of the somewhat libertarian stance that government shouldn't even be in the business of defining
"what is marriage" AT ALL. We could avoid this WHOLE DAMN ARGUMENT by just saying - NO marriage licenses PERIOD. EVERYONE gets a "civil
license" from the government and it gives you the legal benefits of "marriage" such as hospital visitation rights, next of kin status, insurance
liability, who gets the kids, etc, etc. And if you want to have a MARRIAGE you go to whatever church or synagogue or temple or mosque or Elvis chapel in Vegas
or WHAT THE FUCK EVER and just have the damn ceremony any damn way you want it!

But that would make TOO MUCH SENSE. That would mean that extremists on both ends of the spectrum wouldn't have a way to vie for power over others! And we
can't have THAT in politics, oh NO!

And then we get SHIT like THIS.

Makes me grind my teeth in anger at the stupidity, arrogance and sheer power madness.

EDIT: Just to be clear - I'm all for some kind of gay marriage. I just think the whole civil union thing would have made more sense and gotten them what
they really needed faster and with less fuss than trying to headbutt the whole tradition-bound marriage thing. But at this point, even if I think they made a
strategic mistake - having gone the road they've gone down, they can't back down now. And since the opposition has determined that they are going to
try and grind their heels into the faces of the gay-marriage movement, at this point my sympathies are with the GLBT community. I say GO FOR IT. If we're
going to have gay marriage then FIGHT for it. DESTROY these mother-fuckers!

Logan - good on you, except one point.

What is "Tradition bound marriage"?

Is that where the darkies can't marry the whities? That was a threat to 'tradition bound marriage' that was fought just as vociferously as the
fight against gay marriage is today - by the same group of pathetic little fuckstains. Notice a trend?

Was it where the woman was chattel? That was tradition bound too. Same fuckstains. The trend continues.

Was is where you could rape someone, and then pay daddy for them and take them as a wife? That's tradition bound too. From the same tradition that is
maintatined today by, all three great monotheisms. Is that the trendum ad fuckstain again? Yep.

Tradition bound marriage my hairy Canadian arse.

Marriage is the secret chewy hypocrisy at the center of this delicious faggot-bashing shitcake.

http://www.mercurynews.co...mesexmarriage/ci_11273340

an amazing display of fecal plumage. just beautiful.
"No can brain today. Want cheezeburger."
From NGE: Nobody Dies, by Gregg Landsman
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5579457/1/NGE_Nobody_Dies

Brown is a politician by nature so anything he says is serving his interest

alone. You know this might take a federal intervention to sort out...diety help us all:/

Quote: Rev Dark wrote:

Logan - good on you, except one point.

What is "Tradition bound marriage"?

Fuck if I know, really. I don't really give a personal damn. The only reason I brought it up was as a strategic point. Not as an endorsement of the idea.
You know - the phrase "traditional marriage" is a phrase used by all those people who think marriage is one way and always has been. (Not so, as you
pointed out) They see gay marriage as a threat. Actually they see homosexuals as a threat period. Stupid. Morons. Every. Last. One.

The only reason I used the phrase was in reference to the overall tactic of taking on "the establishment" head-on in a sensitive (to them) place. I
KNEW several years ago that it would come to this. It disgusts me, but it doesn't really surprise me. I just happen to think that if the movement had gone
with "civil unions for everyone" instead of "you HAVE to make a law (or court ruling) that says marriage applies to same-sex unions as well as
male-female" then they could have "eased" the public into acceptance. But I for one think the way they decided to go about it (head on
confrontation) was a terrible blunder. It's lead to backlashes such as this one.

But nothing for it now but to go on the path chosen. And as I said above, if the spunkwipes want to take it to the level of rescinding marriages that have
already gone through, then I'm all for just going ahead and fighting for it.

Agreed. There has to be a alternative to marraige, which to me is more of a religous and romantic procedure than

a legal one. By all counts in my opinion, if two gays want to marry all they have to do is find a religion that accepts

gays and go for it. For a mor elegal union though they need to get a license of some kind which gives them equal

footing.

For me, this ranks right up there with anything anyone has ever done as a crime to humanity that was "...in the name of God." Fucktards give good
people a bad image.