Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A quote
A quote
"Anybody who wants the presidency so much that he'll spend two years organizing and campaigning for it is not to be trusted with the office."

-- David Broder

David Broder" Wrote:“History will record that (George W Bush & Tony Blair) saw the threat to the West posed by terrorism and responded courageously. The wisdom of their policy and the conduct of their governments are not likely to be judged as highly.”
Mr. Fnord interdimensional man of mystery

FenWiki - Your One-Stop Shop for Fenspace Information

"I. Drink. Your. NERDRAGE!"

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be
president."

-- Kurt Vonnegut

"[The Constitution] has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

"Absolute faith corrupts as absolutely as absolute power."

-- Eric Hoffer

"The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously."

-- Hubert H. Humphrey

"Since FDR, every president has been inferior to his predecessors. In one way or another, every president has been worse than those who preceded
him."

"We expect the president to be a liar but we don't expect him to be so clumsy about it."

Both quotes from Joseph Heller in 1998, the second referring specifically to Clinton.
-----
Big Brother is watching you.  And damn, you are so bloody BORING.

"When the politicians complain that TV turns the proceedings into a circus, it should be made clear that the circus was already there, and that TV has
merely demonstrated that not all the performers are well trained."

-- Edward R. Murrow

"History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid."

-- Dwight D Eisenhower

"Everyone's a pacifist between wars. It's like being a vegetarian between meals."

-- Colman McCarthy

"A vote is like a rifle: Its usefulness depends upon the character of the user."

-- Theodore Roosevelt
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

"I belong to no organized party. I am a Democrat."

-- Will Rogers

Let him who loves his country with his heart, and not merely with his lips, follow me.

--Giuseppe Garibaldi
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.