Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hitting the RIAA Where It Hurts
Hitting the RIAA Where It Hurts
The lawyers for the plaintiffs in this year's two biggest filesharing cases have teamed up and set in motion an audacious plan to not only win their
cases, but seriously bloody the noses of the RIAA and the music industry in the process. And it just might work.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

I've always thought that charging double and triple digit kbuck damages for downloading music was overkill...
"No can brain today. Want cheezeburger."
From NGE: Nobody Dies, by Gregg Landsman
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5579457/1/NGE_Nobody_Dies

Wow! This is FANTASTIC news! I really hope they win and win BIG.

Whoo! I dearly hope they win.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

I hope they bankrupt them! YES!

You know, I need to go and find out what the latest info is on the equal and opposite reflection of this plan -- to wit, about a year or so ago, I heard that representatives of the artists (you know, the people the RIAA claims they're collecting the money for) were going to file suit against the RIAA because no one but the RIAA has seen one penny of the money they've managed to collect. I wonder whatever happened with that...
-- Bob
---------

Huh... good idea, Bob. I hadn't even heard of that.

Okay, here's the story I originally read back in February 2008 (and the newspaper article it links to itself), but I can't find any indication that there's been any followup at all on it -- the lawyer's website has no information on this action, for instance. I suspect it went nowhere.

-- Bob
---------