Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you mean, I can't go there?

They are worried about people flying the plane into the building, and so in some of these places they have anti-air missiles to shoot down planes that violate the no-fly zone. Yes they are idiots, but most people don't have planes and so don't care.

I agree the no-fly zone around washington is way too big and it should be pared down to a more reasonable volume, but in general I don't have problems with reasonable no-fly zones, such as say only allow planes with a flight-plan near busy airports, or require planes to keep some distance from various locations, by say setting a minimum height that is higher than normal, and not letting planes fly in warzones etc.

That said I don't have a problem with reasonable no-fly zones, what I find far more troubeling is that satelite photos of historical landmarks often get banned. Is google earth allowed to show the capitol and white-house again or are they still banned from showing that?

And what about the ban on Area 51 images? Surly the russians and chinese have their own satelites, and so would any other credible threat, so why are they banned? Especially since Area 51 is so secure that aliens are working there, illegal ones that is.

So is there ever a reason to restrict satelite imagery? (assuming the pixels are at least of square meter size or something. I can see the argument behind not showing milimeter resolution images of peoples backyards.)
E: "Did they... did they just endorse the combination of the JSDF and US Army by showing them as two lesbian lolicons moving in together and holding hands and talking about how 'intimate' they were?"
B: "Have you forgotten so soon? They're phasing out Don't Ask, Don't Tell."

Messages In This Thread
What do you mean, I can't go there? - by robkelk - 02-21-2010, 05:49 AM
[No subject] - by CattyNebulart - 02-21-2010, 07:56 AM
[No subject] - by Black Aeronaut - 02-21-2010, 11:37 AM
[No subject] - by CattyNebulart - 02-21-2010, 06:55 PM
[No subject] - by robkelk - 02-21-2010, 07:07 PM
[No subject] - by ECSNorway - 02-21-2010, 10:36 PM
[No subject] - by Bob Schroeck - 02-22-2010, 12:44 AM
[No subject] - by Black Aeronaut - 02-22-2010, 02:55 PM
[No subject] - by M Fnord - 02-23-2010, 02:08 AM
[No subject] - by robkelk - 02-23-2010, 04:04 AM