Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Only Brown People Are Terrorists
Only Brown People Are Terrorists
Inside the mind of Newsweek on "terrorism"
Liberal bias of source acknowledged, but he links directly to the discussion. They literally, in their own words, argue that engaging in terroristic acts does not make you a terrorist (ignoring their incredibly self-serving, imperialistic definition of "terroristic acts"). I am rather depressed by the first world today.

I have to say I must agree -- the reasoning of most of the Newsweek staff seems specious at best, disingenuous at worst.

Just as a note, I've had a round of personal interaction with Michael Isikoff, when he called me X years ago because of some coincidental parallels between my Teenagers from Outer Space campaign webpage and the anthrax attacks. Based on the rather... haphazard lines of his thinking and questioning, I'm not too surprised at the rather subpar reasoning he employed here.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Quote:because of some coincidental parallels between my Teenagers from Outer Space campaign webpage and the anthrax attacks

Okay, you're going to have to explain that one in greater detail.
Mr. Fnord interdimensional man of mystery

FenWiki - Your One-Stop Shop for Fenspace Information

"I. Drink. Your. NERDRAGE!"

Some people will just not do. Next thing you know it they'll be saying that Timothy Macveigh wasn't a terrorist and neither was the Unibomber because they were American... and all Americans are entitled to their own special form of self expression. *Sarcasm*

M Fnord Wrote:Okay, you're going to have to explain that one in greater detail.
Followup in a new thread.

-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.