Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wow. Texas isn't completely hopeless when it comes to education
Wow. Texas isn't completely hopeless when it comes to education
Texas judge tosses creationist attempts to award degrees.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

I am -deeply- amused that this particular pack of moonbats -is- accredited in Moonbat Central (Californica), and not in Texas....
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

My favorite line is from the School Board:

Quote:"Religious belief is not science," Texas Commissioner of Higher Education Raymund Paredes said at the time. "Science and religious belief are surely reconcilable, but they are not the same thing."
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll

Good! 

And absolutely delicious that a Texan judge with common sense put the kibosh on some more insanity from - where else? - California. HA!!! 

Put THAT in your paradigm and smoke it!

You know, I don't care if people want to talk about creationism in science classes, learning about other points of view never hurt anyone even if they are wrong on pretty much every possible level, but these attempts to be recognized as a legitimate science have gotta stop. It's just not gonna happen.
Also, I've always kinda wondered how many of these creationists are roman catholics who just assume that the church is against evolution and for creationism without bothering to research the actual stance.
--
If you become a monster to put down a monster you've still got a monster running around at the end of the day and have as such not really solved the whole monster problem at all. 

Good question, Florin. I suspect not that many -- Creationism and Creation "Science" seems to be primarily a Fundamentalist Protestant thing, particularly Southern Baptist.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Ah, thank God! People of practicality and intelect do exist in positions of power in my home land!

The official Roman Catholic position on Creationism is that it isn't science.

Summary: "Of course God created the world, and humanity. If He chose to use evolution as the tool do so, who are we to question Him? But that's not what Science is about. Science is about what we can prove about the way the world works. God is outside and beyond that."
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

ECSNorway Wrote:The official Roman Catholic position on Creationism is that it isn't science.

Summary: "Of course God created the world, and humanity. If He chose to use evolution as the tool do so, who are we to question Him? But that's not what Science is about. Science is about what we can prove about the way the world works. God is outside and beyond that."

Interestingly, that explanation was used in a Piers Anthony book.

Suppose that could be where he'd gotten it from. But I'd never run into such an idea before...

-Morgan.

It's mainly the fact that the Copernicus fiasco in regards to Heliocentrism versus Geocentrism came back and bit Catholicism in the ass. That's made the faith a little more accepting of science.
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll