Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
cover your smart phone
cover your smart phone
Saudia Arabia and at least one other Arab state has passed laws requiring users of smart phones"black berrys" to cover their phones with tiny burqa or tiny niqab.

You know the same thing that women are required to cover their faces with.

I can site a source for this.

http://www.newsbiscuit.co...-phones-in-a-tiny-burqa/

howard melton

Not that this isn't hilarious. But it's a parody and not a real news story. (It's a REALLY effective parody though!)

Here's some clues to the joke nature of the site on the sidebar - 
You let the cat out to quick, this fooled me for about 2 minutes.
I thought it was funny as well, especially since I discovered it mere minutes after making a source-less memory based post in the more serious thread about a Mosque at ground zero.

It fooled me for a couple of minutes and I'm sad to say it wasn't the sidebar super-vilian after 007 or the Police smashing a France love ring it was the Republican whale fry that made me do a double take and notice it was a parody site.

I was all set to start talking about greenpeace's reaction and making sure the Republicans collected all the whale oil when they fried the whale, after all we don't won't need to waste any type of oil.

Howard Melton

God bless

You know what's really sad? Until I actually started reading the story - the headline and the photo had me fooled too. The very fact that this is even that close to plausible... *shakes head*
Sadly even this parody has been far out done by reality.
I was doing a little quick research and came across this.

----------------

http://www.aolnews.com/ar...t-breastfeeding/19504280

---------------

Had they put this up on the parody site I would have immediately assumed it wasn't real and yet all my research and multiple sources indicates this is an actual example of Saudi Law in action.

Another non parody is the "ONE HOUR MARRIAGE!" and when you couple this with multiple wives being allowed it means a Saudi man can have more than 24 marriages in 24 hours and still be single by the next day.

They also have Fatwas, which if my 15 minute study of Saudi law is correct are also binding laws under Saudi State law. There has been Fatwas issued about playing Pokeman or taking pictures with cell phones.

howard Melton