Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Okay, this is fun and funny
Okay, this is fun and funny
It's a clever political ad from Moveon.org, which is why I'm putting it here.  Even if you don't care for the message, you may be amused by the "story".  Apparently works best if you have a Facebook account it can tap for your name and picture, but if you don't have one -- or like me you didn't want to give it access -- you can enter a name by hand.  Short real names are best, but it can cope reasonably well with long and/or bogus ones (like "Weltzschmertz von Wombleflump", which is what I used).

Watch it here.

-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

... But I'm not even American. I think their time machine is broken. Smile

Didn't you realize?  After [REDACTED] became president, -everybody- works for AmericaCo.  Or they're nuked.

--sofaspud
--"Listening to your kid is the audio equivalent of a Salvador Dali painting, Spud." --OpMegs

Quote:Or they're nuked.
After all, [REDACTED] declared war on just about everywhere, including
after all.

I just like how tongue-in-cheek over-the-top it is -- it doesn't even try to spin a realistic scenario, it just goes for the ridiculous exaggeration knowing that you'll know it's exaggeration -- but of course at the same time it's employing the time-honored tool of satire for political purposes.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Bob Schroeck Wrote:
Quote:Or they're nuked.
After all, [REDACTED] declared war on just about everywhere, including Spoiler [+]
the Pacific Ocean,

after all.

I just like how tongue-in-cheek over-the-top it is -- it doesn't even try to spin a realistic scenario, it just goes for the ridiculous exaggeration knowing that you'll know it's exaggeration -- but of course at the same time it's employing the time-honored tool of satire for political purposes.
Bold italics mine for emphasis.
Isn't it nice when a political organization doesn't treat its target audience as brainless morons?
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll

Oh boy that's hysterical...ANd pretty much over the top.

Unfortunately for the Democrats it sure didn't motivate their base in the least...Oh well I guess we all are doomed now Wink
--Werehawk--
My mom's brief take on upcoming Guatemalan Elections "In last throes of preelection activities. Much loudspeaker vote pleading."