Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Shadow Scholar
The Shadow Scholar
An interesting read of a ghost writer relating what it is like being paid to do other students writing assignments.

----------------------

http://chronicle.com/article/article-content/125329/

----------------------

The replies and discussion that were generated by the article are as interesting as the article itself.

H Melton

Wow. Not sure what it has to do with politics, per se, but still, wow. I wish I had that guy's diligence and flexibility.  Not so much his ethics, though...
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Bob Schroeck Wrote:Not so much his ethics, though...
Hence why it's here in politics.
No, I take that back. This is not so much an attack on ethics in the manner you are thinking, Bob.  This is a volley against the American education system.

Fair enough.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Politics and other fun
I was going to post this link in the general section, but when I started reading the replies I noticed several that were getting rather political and the entire story seemed to have several teachers rather agitated.

I don't know how many teachers are part of the forum, but the shadow or ghost writer form of cheating seems to be a hot point for teachers.

As far as the man's writing skill I would love to be able to write at half his speed at his implied level of quality, his ethics however leave a lot to be desired and I'd never trade my ethics for any part of his level of skill.

h melton