Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nice Job Breaking It, Senator
Nice Job Breaking It, Senator
New York State Senator Jim Alesi (R-Perinton) is now under fire, facing calls to resign.
Why?
Three years ago, he broke into an under-construction house for no sufficiently explained reason, and broke his leg while trying to climb an unsecured ladder. The owners declined to press charges for trespass.
Now, three years later -- after the criminal statute of limitations has expired, the civil statute of limitations has expired, and his own election to another full term in the NY State Senate is secure -- he is suing the homeowners and construction contractors for not keeping a safe working site.
That he had no right or reason to be in in the first place.
I'm glad I don't live in Perinton.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

Apparently, after being widely mocked for this, he has decided to withdraw his suite.
I guess mockery and derision really do have their place.

And the New York State Government is it. Seriously, is there a more corrupt state in the union? (Well, maybe California...)
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.

it is disgusting that this scumbag is going to get off scott-free. Any odds on his re-election?
"No can brain today. Want cheezeburger."
From NGE: Nobody Dies, by Gregg Landsman
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5579457/1/NGE_Nobody_Dies

One hundred percent.

The New York State Legislature is, as stated, one of the most corrupt this side of Gotham City.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.

ECSNorway Wrote:The New York State Legislature is, as stated, one of the most corrupt this side of Gotham City.
There's a reason "Gotham" is an old nickname (Washington Irving used it first) for New York City, you know...
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012