Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Someone wants to make photographing farms illegal
Someone wants to make photographing farms illegal
http://volokh.com/2011/03/08/dont-photograph-that-farm/
The commenters suspect that this is an anti-PETA measure. It's still utterly stupid.

Huh. My first guess would have been Monsanto, but then again if someone told me there was a company working on some sort of shade to block out the sun so that people could be charged for daylight I'd blame them too so it's probably just reflexive.

Looks like the author of that bill, Republican Senator Jim Norman, is already receiving appropriate attention for it.

-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Uh... Huh... Okay, is this stupidity or malice? Kinda tough to tell here.

Yes.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

It's too stupid to be malicious, and too malicious to be stupid, therefore it can't be either.

If you where to ask me I'd say that any picture taken from public property should be allowed, places like allemansrätten or similar not counting as public property for these purposes.
E: "Did they... did they just endorse the combination of the JSDF and US Army by showing them as two lesbian lolicons moving in together and holding hands and talking about how 'intimate' they were?"
B: "Have you forgotten so soon? They're phasing out Don't Ask, Don't Tell."

*PICARD EPIC FACEPALM*

A conceptually related bill has appeared in Iowa.

-Morgan.

A rather saner version of the law, that does pass the "completely insane" test (i.e. requiring tresspassing and not making it a first class felony), but not the first ammendment test.