Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Osama Bin Laden Is DEAD!

Meanwhile, Al-Qaeda itself has issued a statement confirming bin-Laden's death.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

ECSNorway Wrote:Meanwhile, Al-Qaeda itself has issued a statement confirming bin-Laden's death.
Well, you can't have a martyr unless you admit he's dead....

Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."

Apropos of nothing... This morning, one of the CBC announcers (I won't say which to protect the guilty) made a slight error when repeating Osama bin Laden's name - he replaced the "s" with a "b". Sure, he caught himself immediately, but it was live-to-air...
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

werehawk Wrote:True enough.

I'll note that the military end of things was handled very effectively.
Oh yes. Quite so. The planning for this was obviously superb. Once again - hats off to the SEALs! Also the intelligence operations and such that got the info.
Quote:Where the Obama administration has been screwing up is on the political
end of things particularly when one considers that the story as reported
by the Administration has contradicted itself and shifted at least 4-5
times since they announced they had gotten Osama.
To be fair, I think that was likely to happen in any administration to varying degrees. Two people can watch the exact same thing and come away with different interpretations of what they saw. I'd wait for the full de-briefing of the guys who were on the ground to get the full, real story. I expect some confusion in initial reporting from both reporters and Obama's staff. If this had happened during the President Bush's term, I imagine we'd have gotten some initial conflicting stories too.
Quote:As for conspiracy theories concerning 9/11 there are quiet a few out
there. Some very plausible but most of them seem to require an
implausibly large amount of people to really work. As well as in some
cases when you take a look at what would be required to carry out they
fall apart.
That's the thing about the conspiracy theories. They always assume that perfect secrets can be kept with up to hundreds of people knowing "the real story". It's like Churchill said: "Three people can keep a secret if two of them are dead."

I get that this has people excited, but this is not quite the invasion of normandy or the battle of the bulge. People keep talking as if this was a major operation, when this is closer to pest control.
E: "Did they... did they just endorse the combination of the JSDF and US Army by showing them as two lesbian lolicons moving in together and holding hands and talking about how 'intimate' they were?"
B: "Have you forgotten so soon? They're phasing out Don't Ask, Don't Tell."

CattyNebulart Wrote:I get that this has people excited, but this is not quite the invasion of normandy or the battle of the bulge. People keep talking as if this was a major operation, when this is closer to pest control.
Heh. That's amusing and appropriate. Smile
Now I get this image of Bin Laden as a cockroach: "RAID!!!"

Logan Darklighter Wrote:Now I get this image of Bin Laden as a cockroach: "RAID!!!"
*BoOoOmM!* Smile

Logan Darklighter Wrote:
CattyNebulart Wrote:I get that this has people excited, but this is not quite the invasion of normandy or the battle of the bulge. People keep talking as if this was a major operation, when this is closer to pest control.
Heh. That's amusing and appropriate. Smile
Now I get this image of Bin Laden as a cockroach: "RAID!!!"
(snrk) New Raid Cockroach & Sand Spider Spray...  Kills Al-Quaida... (BOOM) ...dead.
_____
DEATH is Certain. The hour, Uncertain...