Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pat Robertson is a douche.
Okay, that statement might be enough to transform a hairy-arsed Canadian into Captain Obvious.  Nevertheless, with the bright orange you-can't-fucking-miss it O emblazoned across my man-tits  I will state it again.
http://crooksandliars.com...ays-divorce-if-your-wife
This is of course not the first uber-douche comment that Robertson has made.  If his lips are moving, he is a veritable douche-sprinkler - the Bellagio fountain of douche-ness; whether it be backing up Jerry-buried-in-a-matchbox-Fallwell on his who-really-is-responsible-for-911 douchery; his god-wiped-out-New-Orleans-because-of-people-the-voices-in-my-head-tell-me-to-tell-you-to-hate douchery or his claims about leg pressing prowess.  No Pat - that is not age-defying-energy-shake; it is your own personal brand of douche.
Okay.  That is probably going too far.  I should not be comparing him to douches - which do useful work under sometimes trying situations and are occasionally employed in playtime fun.
Robertson isn't that useful.  I'd call him an asshole - but again, useful function; sometimes trying situations; occasionally the subject of playtime fun.
He is the putrescence and proof that mankind must retain their sense of smell (Okay paraphrasing I Claudius on the last one.)

If it weren't for the article trying to use it as an excuse to tar all Republicans, I'd just shrug and say, "Yeah, he's a twit, and we hate him as much as you do", but that article is pretty damn douchebaggery all on its own.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

I was under the impression that Pat Robertson was one of the anti-divorce (and every other thing he defines as not a proper marriage) religious guys.

ECSNorway Wrote:If it weren't for the article trying to use it as an excuse to tar all Republicans, I'd just shrug and say, "Yeah, he's a twit, and we hate him as much as you do", but that article is pretty damn douchebaggery all on its own.

Every group has outliers you're not particularly fond of, but enough people still include him in the republican group that he is still a member of that group.

The democrats have PETA and some similar nutcases, the republicans have the religious right, like pat robertson. And in both cases it does tar the entire group.
E: "Did they... did they just endorse the combination of the JSDF and US Army by showing them as two lesbian lolicons moving in together and holding hands and talking about how 'intimate' they were?"
B: "Have you forgotten so soon? They're phasing out Don't Ask, Don't Tell."

Shouldn't the people who actually are in the group get to kick them out then?

-Morgan.

Ah, but you see, the kooks and nuts reliably show up at the polls. For EVERY pass of voting, primaries, run-offs, etc. So both sides tend to pander to their whackoes.
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll

Foxboy Wrote:Ah, but you see, the kooks and nuts reliably show up at the polls. For EVERY pass of voting, primaries, run-offs, etc. So both sides tend to pander to their whackoes.
Oh, dear... Do you get a choice to vote for "None of the Above"?

(I just found out how to do this in Canada, effectively - show up to vote, accept the printed ballot from the Deputy Returning Officer, and immediately hand it back while saying "I decline to vote." They're required to record that as an abstention instead of as a no-show. I figure if enough people do this, the parties will start paying attention to what we really want, so that we'll vote for them.)
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

We used to call it the "Mickey Mouse Write-in," until the parties got huffy and demanded that write-in candidates actually exist and be eligible to hold the office.

Y'know, considering that Donald Duck actually won a Senate race one year, iirc.
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll

Morganni Wrote:Shouldn't the people who actually are in the group get to kick them out then?

The 'leadership' of the group should yes, but as fox noted that won't be happening because the crazies are too useful.
E: "Did they... did they just endorse the combination of the JSDF and US Army by showing them as two lesbian lolicons moving in together and holding hands and talking about how 'intimate' they were?"

Quote:The 'leadership' of the group should yes, but as fox noted that won't be happening because the crazies are too useful.
A case in point, which Helen pointed out to us tonight: Rick Perry is currently courting and accepting the support of a seriously lunatic fringe Christian group that wants to overthrow the current government of the United States and install a theocracy.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Bob Schroeck Wrote:
Quote:The 'leadership' of the group should yes, but as fox noted that won't be happening because the crazies are too useful.
A case in point, which Helen pointed out to us tonight: Rick Perry is currently courting and accepting the support of a seriously lunatic fringe Christian group that wants to overthrow the current government of the United States and install a theocracy.
Foolish of him as it may seem, it does help get the votes needed to overcome the opponent.
Just as Obama embraces and supports the union thugocracy that's currently strangling our economy.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

ECSNorway Wrote:Foolish of him as it may seem, it does help get the votes needed to overcome the opponent.
I have no objectios to this sentence.
Quote:Just as Obama embraces and supports the union thugocracy that's currently strangling our economy.
But this one... Wow,  you didn't get a SINGLE WORD right!

nemonowan Wrote:
Quote:Just as Obama embraces and supports the union thugocracy that's currently strangling our economy.
But this one... Wow,  you didn't get a SINGLE WORD right!
Lol, I wouldn't say not a single word, but yeah it's a pretty bad mischaracterization.

So far I have seen nothing in Obama that's strongly pro-union, he's at best luke-warm, he is however not as anti-union as most republicans. Since he's technically not a Republican this does make some sense.

Uhm... Yeah. Really hope you don't mean that stand-up speech Obama gave when introducing his Jobs Bill. Do love how he basically told the Republicans and the Tea Party to kindly put up or shut up.

Rick Perry... the thing I'm counting on with Mr. Good Hair is that these lunatic fringe groups do or say something that really puts the voters off in general. Trust me, everyone - we really don't want this man in office.

And Pat Robertson? Maybe we should build a time machine so we can put him back into the Dark Ages where his kind belong.