Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pat Robertson is a douche - now with extra irony.
Pat Robertson is a douche - now with extra irony.
Oh Pat, Pat, Pat; you festering boil on the pristine, sir-mixalot approved backside of rational thought.  You, who are such a dedicated arse-clown that you have to peel back your cheeks goatse style, just so we can see your mouth.
Pat, you utter douche.  Today you made me laugh.  Not a belly laugh.  Not a thin, lipped snicker.  A laugh of utter disbelief that combined elements of 'Did he just say that?' with "He did just say that without a single whiff of irony - or rational thought."
http://www.rightwingwatch...-because-its-night-devil
Here is Pat on Halloween.

Quote:Meeuwsen: This is Ken, he says ‘Pat, it may sound
odd, but Halloween is one of the biggest events at my church. Every
year, we host one of the area’s largest haunted houses. They say it’s a
great outreach to the unsaved community, but it’s starting to irk me. I
feel really unsettled by the fact that our church has a Haunted House.
What are your thoughts?’

Robertson: I agree with you, we need the power of
God not some kind of ersatz entertainment. We don’t believe in haunted,
we don’t believe in ghosts, we don’t believe in all this business.
Okay - fairly boilerplate crazy for Robertson - but here is where it becomes unintentional art.
Quote:
Meeuwsen: You don’t celebrate it.

Robertson: Halloween is Satan’s night, it’s the night for the devil. It’s All Hallow’s Eve but its time when witches and goblins—

Meeuwsen: Ok that’s evident in the kinds of things that are for sale.

Robertson: Of course, it’s out there. Its skeletons
and all this, like the dead rising. Churches shouldn’t do that, you
should do something else besides having a haunted house. I’m sure it’s
popular, it is probably a big deal, people come to get scared, you’ve
got spiders and cobwebs and all that. But—you can bob for apples, you
can do all kind of different things and have a big party.

Its skeletons and all this, like the dead rising.  Churches shouldn't do that....  Pat - they do it every fucking Sunday - the dead rising is a fundamental tenet of your religion.
I’m sure it’s
popular, it is probably a big deal, people come to get scared?  Scared of what?  Ghosts that will burn them in darkness and freakish fiery agony forever if they don't kowtow to the Zombie Lord....  Oh wait... Every fucking Sunday - another one of those tenets of your religion.
That'll do arse-clown.  That'll do.

This is fairly standard bullshit for the Religious Wrong, really. They've been railing against Halloween for decades, ever since it started to become a big commercial thing. A lot of the cult-type preachers (like Robertson) complain that the amount of attention given to it amounts to worship, thus idolatry and blasphemy against THE LORD, especially when it attributes any sort of magical or otherwise supernatural attributes to anyone other than God.

He's not offended, he's afraid of losing audience share.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

Yeah, I remember seeing tracts claiming those very things back in the 1960s, when I did the majority of my youthful trick-or-treating. (The same nutcases also published tracts claiming that watching "Bewitched" led to devil worship and that the "Peace" symbol -- created 1958 from stick figures for the semaphore letters "N" and "D", for "nuclear disarmament) -- was actually a medieval witches' symbol representing either a raven's foot or an upside-down cross with broken arms. Some people have too much time and too little brain, and too little hesitation when it comes to lying outright about the things they don't like. Guess they figured "do not bear false witness" didn't apply to them when they were doing "god's work".)
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Don't worry. By my reckoning, people like Pat Robertson will be first in line right after the Spaniards and the English that conquered and plundered 'in the name of God'. The big guy, you know, doesn't like it much when you besmirch his character, times of fire and brimstone notwithstanding.