Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who said he wasn't presidential material?
Who said he wasn't presidential material?
People had been saying Cain didn't have any experience in politics. I disagree. Look at what his campaign has done since the story about his alleged sexual harassment in the 90's broke out.

1. Deny it ever happen.
2. Backtrack and say it could had happen, but he didn't remember the details.
3. Accuse the accusers.
4. Accuse another Republican for breaking the story.
5. Accuse of being lynched - i.e. play the race card
6. Finally, put up a statement saying that they are moving on ..i.e. the campaign  doesn't what to talk anymore about it.
Who said that he wasn't presidential material?   
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

Cain? Wasn't he the commander of Battlestar Pegasus?

(More seriously: Keep in mind the international readership of these forums, and provide some context, please...)
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
A Brief summation
Eh, sorry..keep forgetting that the U.S. is not the end all and be all of the world.
The subject in question is Herman Cain. Ex-CEO of Godfather's Pizza. One of the presidential candidates for the Republican party. Who is the current darling of the Republican base. Accused of sexual embarrassment when he was head of a trade organization.. The accusers (read more than one) were paid off ( i.e. a confidential agreement). They get paid in return for keeping silent on the issue by the trade organization.  Now, if both sides, the complainant and the trade organization, both agree to disclose what happens, we will get the official documentation.
The Republican base had shrugged off the accusations so far, following the 11th commandment.  Thou shalt not accuse another Republican. Of course, the more facts are unearthed, the more it looks there would be fire under all that smoke.
Here is dynamic of the Republican nomination process that I see. Mitt Romney is the candidate that is looking to be the top man. His problem is that the Republican base do not think he is conservative enough for their views. So you're getting the alternatives of the week: Bachman, Perry and now Cain. All of whom, save Cain for now do not look good under the media scrutiny.
Cain's claim to the table is that the politicians had not gotten the job done and it is not time for a businessman to be in charge of the country.
I am reminded that the last time the republican president was in the white house was Herbert Hoover.  And running a business is a different kettle of fish from running a U.S. style of government. Kinda hubristic to think otherwise.
Where it all hinges is on the economy. If it improves by election day, it will be a Democratic win. If it does not..*shrug*
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell