Excellent: “Daily Show” on class divisions at Occupy Wall Street
Excellent: “Daily Show” on class divisions at Occupy Wall Street
In case you didn’t watch this already on one of the thousand other blogs
where it was posted today, here you go — a postmortem on utopia, which
died in infancy but lived long enough to evolve a familiar
proto-hierarchy. Congrats to the TDS writing staff for showing restraint
and not making an overt “Animal Farm” reference at the sight of the
revolutionary vanguard plotting strategy inside the Deutsche Bank lobby
(which was really just the cherry on top of this schadenfreude sundae).
The temptation must have been enormous.
This is truly a
smack-down of epic proportions, and the OWS maggots did it mostly to
themselves! Jon Stewart and crew hardly had to work for this one at all!
Priceless.
Favorite quote: “I’m not against personal property, I’m against private property."
OK Skippy.
http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:cms: ... com:402475 The Daily Show
Get More: Daily Show Full Episodes,Political Humor & Satire Blog,The Daily Show on Facebook

-Logan
--------------------
“So you’ve been here 8 weeks and you already have….. a ghetto.”
--------------------

"Blocked in your location,"

I am rather sympathetic to the group. There is something horribly rotten at the top of modern politics. While they might not know how to enunciate their opinions and ideas, and lack the mental tools to comprehend what they're saying, they know that something is horribly wrong when all around them is decaying, yet the people at the top keep getting richer and more detached.
http://www.guardian.co.uk...onist-narratives-protest
“We can never undo what we have done. We can never go back in time. We write history with our decisions and our actions. But we also write history with our responses to those actions. We can leave the pain and the damage in our wake, unattended, or we can do the work of acknowledging and fixing, to whatever extent possible, the harm that we have caused.”

— On Repentance and Repair: Making Amends in an Unapologetic World by Danya Ruttenberg

Are you a citizen of the USA and currently employed at or above Minimum Wage?

Compared to the rest of the world, you ARE "the one percent".
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

They are just as crazy as the tea party, just the opposite counterpart and without funding from some of the very wealthy (see Koch Brothers).

That said I can empathize, and on some level I do agree more with them then the tea party.

Quote:Are you a citizen of the USA and currently employed at or above Minimum Wage?

Compared to the rest of the world, you ARE "the one percent".

Even if the USA had all the wealth in the world the US has about 5% of the world population so even then it would only be the top 20% of US that would count as the 1%. More realistically wealth is divided up roughly 1/4 USA (0.3 giga-people), 1/4 Europe (0.5 giga people), 1/4 BRIC+Japan (3 gigapeople) and 1/4 the rest of the world (~3.2 giga people).

What the real problem is is the Gini Coeficient, when that gets too large there is always unrest and compare to the rest of the civilized world the US has a large one and it's growing.
E: "Did they... did they just endorse the combination of the JSDF and US Army by showing them as two lesbian lolicons moving in together and holding hands and talking about how 'intimate' they were?"
B: "Have you forgotten so soon? They're phasing out Don't Ask, Don't Tell."

I have yet to be convinced that the average occupier has any ideas, but at this point it hardly seems to matter. A group which thinks their free speech means that they can endanger others, take away others' free speech, and engage in general intimidation tactics... They should be neither respected nor tolerated.

-Morgan. People who rant about others being part of the 1% are the 1%.

So... Exactly like the tea party then.

Loud idiots will always get more screen time than intelligent quiet people.
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll

Loud idiots are always good for sound bytes which encapsulate "controversy" by way of comments that are probably more extreme than anything the thoughtful people are advocating.

Sadly, the past couple decades have seen our political system increasingly ostracizing thoughtful people for being too ideologically "impure".
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Bob Schroeck Wrote:Loud idiots are always good for sound bytes which encapsulate "controversy" by way of comments that are probably more extreme than anything the thoughtful people are advocating.

Sadly, the past couple decades have seen our political system increasingly ostracizing thoughtful people for being too ideologically "impure".
All too very true.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.