Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TSA detains Senator for refusing pat-down

Hey, don't beat yourself up over it. I was kinda mystified myself. Although I figured that maybe its possible to catch a terrorist that way. Only the most hardcore-delusional of the true believers would be able to keep a cool head while passing through a security check point and a blood pressure test would reveal that someone's heart is doing double-overtime.

I didn't think the comment was that obscure, it's a fairly common charge against the TSA. I'm glad to see at least half the people got it though.

If your goal is to save lives a lot of that money could be spent more effectively. If the goal is to make a fascist police state then carry on.

Remember during WW2 Americans thought it horrible that the government could ask for papers while travelling, and now it's normal to present ID and passport...
E: "Did they... did they just endorse the combination of the JSDF and US Army by showing them as two lesbian lolicons moving in together and holding hands and talking about how 'intimate' they were?"
B: "Have you forgotten so soon? They're phasing out Don't Ask, Don't Tell."

The only time I've ever been asked for ID while traveling (admittedly, I have not travelled internationally since before they started requiring passports at the Canadian border) is when picking up web-purchased tickets at the airline check-in counter.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

ECSNorway, I'll point out that you can still get into Canada without a passport. It's when you want to return to your home country that you have to show ID...
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012