Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ACTA 2.0
ACTA 2.0
Remember ACTA? Well they are already busy with version 2.0 and I have not yet found the leaked text of this agreement. Can anyone help find the (presumably top secret) draft text so that we can do a public assessment on how this one is going to turn out?

more info: http://arstechnica.com/te...his-weekin-hollywood.ars
E: "Did they... did they just endorse the combination of the JSDF and US Army by showing them as two lesbian lolicons moving in together and holding hands and talking about how 'intimate' they were?"
B: "Have you forgotten so soon? They're phasing out Don't Ask, Don't Tell."

Are you sure a "2.0" exists? I don't see anything about any such thing on the eff.org website...
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Seeing as its after 11PM atm and I'm heading to bed... here's a pointer. Go to twitter.(note the s) Search for the hashtag TPP.  That's twitter #TPP    That'll give you some leads. Also look for this guy: @YourAnonNews

TPP Digest seems to be a pretty good source of information: http://tppdigest.org/

I am still browsing through it but it isn't looking good.
E: "Did they... did they just endorse the combination of the JSDF and US Army by showing them as two lesbian lolicons moving in together and holding hands and talking about how 'intimate' they were?"
B: "Have you forgotten so soon? They're phasing out Don't Ask, Don't Tell."

You tried the wiki page? Located here (it's marked as out of date but it references stuff that's only a few months old. o_O )
I'm from "Future land".... a Peter Clark colum for iPolitics.ca dated 3 Feb. "Exporting the TPP Melting Pot: Americanizing Japan" Link
This article also popped up on my radar: memeburn 2/2/12: "If SOPA was an aircraft carrier, ACTA and TPP are nuclear submarines" Link
And this one of boingboing "Son-of-ACTA, the TPP, wants to legislate buffers" Link
But ....
There was this particular article on ar technica *long article name* that linked to a previous article on TPP here *link* which had a link to leaked relevant stuff that has a lot of people concerned.
Quote:
Quote:TPP has been in the drafting stage for some time, but the US intellectual property chapter (PDF) only leaked yesterday. Canadian law professor Michael Geist calls it "everything [the US] wanted in ACTA but didn't get."
I can't speak a work of Japanese, but those that can, and have been following the Twitter discussion of TPP claim that it can be summed up in three words: Do Not Want.

Ah, a different name. No wonder I couldn't find anything under the old name...
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

It is rather hard to find anything positive written up about TPP. Most of the stuff written (or even drawn) is thought provoking and puts negative spin on matters. With everything you have to consider some rather obvious bias.
So I'm going to keep a watching brief, while I consider all the facts.
Edit:
Another side from a complete different field: Doctors Without Borders. (Link)