Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[/table]Logan - do you start at irrational and work your way up from there?
Let me draw you a quick timeline; I will use crayons; I like crayons.
2003 - The neologism of Santorum Contest is held.
2010 - The It Gets Better project kicks off.
So he is sabotaging his own movement by doing something obviously and publicly seven years in the past?  As you expecting some divine contra-inception?
One of the reason's Dan Savage's It Gets Better campaign is so effective is that he has been involved heavily in Gay rights from the outset.  He is a champion of the movement, and part of that is his lovely denouement in regards to Rick Santorum.  You know - the whole standing up to bullies part of It Gets Better.

And BECAUSE of that very juvenile stunt and the CONTINUING nature of that stunt, I would not have my kids - if I had any - anywhere near or associated with this guy. And it has NOTHING - I say again - NOTHING to do with whatever good he may have done in the interim or whether he's gay or straight or likes ponies or what the fuck ever. If the child in question was having problems, I'd find some alternative. The guy demonstrates a SERIOUS lack of judgement and REFUSES to let go of it after nearly 10 years??
And you want to call ME irrational???
Continuing something as downright mean-spirited, juvenile, FUCKING LAME, and irresponsible as trying to make a MAN'S NAME into a synonym for a SEXUAL ACT????
You do NOT get to do that kind of character assassination and win my respect! I don't even LIKE Santorum, but I hate this WORSE. I don't CARE what Santorum may have said or how bad it may have been. If you want to prove you are better than him, then GODDAMNIT. BE BETTER. Don't descend to this!
You want to PROVE to me that you are the more rational and tolerant man?
Then you have to actually LIVE UP and STEP UP to those ideals.
Dan Savage FAILS.
YOU FAIL.
And that goes for ANYONE who supports this shit. It's NOT funny. It's NOT cool. And DON'T consider me your friend if you support it!

blackaeronaut Wrote:
Rev Dark Wrote:Santorum leaks plans to drop out.
Santorum drops.
Santorum drops; Mitt Romney cleans up.
Loss of Santorum reminds Romney of trip with dog.
Bush The Second comes out of the shadows to remind us all why we despise Republicans that represent the interests of the 1%.
And then Obama has a field day.  :p
Don't forget, BA, you yourself are part of the 1%. Everyone on this forum is.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

ECSNorway Wrote:
blackaeronaut Wrote:
Santorum drops.
Bush The Second comes out of the shadows to remind us all why we despise Republicans that represent the interests of the 1%.
Don't forget, BA, you yourself are part of the 1%. Everyone on this forum is.

I doubt everyone on this forum makes around half a million or more a year. At the very least I am a counterexample. Now top 10% worldwide might be, but I would seriously doubt that as it requiers about 61'000$ in annual income.
Also the real problem is with the top 0.05% who make up the overwhelming majority of campaign contributions. They pay a 16% tax rate on average, while someone earning a mere 500'000$ pays a ~30% tax rate.

Quote:You want to PROVE to me that you are the more rational and tolerant man? Then you have to actually LIVE UP and STEP UP to those ideals.

It's hard to tolerate people who don't want to accept your existence. I don't think the Jews have forgiven Hitler yet either. Yes that is an exaggeration, but sanatorum persecutes gays just as much as jews where in the leadup to WW2.
E: "Did they... did they just endorse the combination of the JSDF and US Army by showing them as two lesbian lolicons moving in together and holding hands and talking about how 'intimate' they were?"
B: "Have you forgotten so soon? They're phasing out Don't Ask, Don't Tell."
Wow. Just wow.
Logan becomes acquainted with the CAPSLOCK key.
Quote:And BECAUSE of that very juvenile stunt and the CONTINUING nature of
that stunt, I would not have my kids - if I had any - anywhere near or
associated with this guy. And it has NOTHING - I say again - NOTHING to
do with whatever good he may have done in the interim or whether he's
gay or straight or likes ponies or what the fuck ever.
Funny - I am a father; and I would; Dan Savage is also father to an adopted son- .  What is more, I would be in great company.  You can find their It Gets Better videos; standing shoulder to shoulder against the blatant homophobia spewed by Santorum and his loathsome ilk; a small sample - Margaret Cho, Steven Colbert, Tom Hanks, Anne Hathaway, Neil Patrick Harris, Larry King, Kermit the Frog, Barrack and Michelle Obama, Anna Paquin, Zachary Quinto, and George 'You are a Douchebag' Takei.
George Takei is not above a little name calling when appropriate.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UACK93xF-FE
Standing with this crowd or you and your imaginary offspring?  Hmmm.  Ooh.  Tough choice.
Quote:The guy demonstrates a SERIOUS lack of judgement and REFUSES to let go of it after nearly 10 years??
Because the problem of Santorum and his loathsome ilk attacking gay rights has gone away in the last 10 years?  No.  No it has not.  Though Savage did offer to drop the campaign if Santorum donated a sum to a fund that supported same sex marriages.
Quote:Continuing something as downright mean-spirited, juvenile, FUCKING LAME,
and irresponsible as trying to make a MAN'S NAME into a synonym for a
SEXUAL ACT????
To be accurate, it is the result of a sexual act - but that is semantics of some antics.  It is also a homonym (Oooh My), not a synonym; synonyms are different words with similar meanings - but that is me being a pedant.  This man stood up and compared homosexual relationships to adultery, bigamy, incest, polygamy, pedophilia and bestiality.  Savage as a humorist and satirist seized upon this and turned it back on Santorum in what in a fun and creative way.  What is even better is that because of the way Savage handled the branding, the term is for the one and only Rick Santorum - and will live and fall out of use - with his retirement from the public forum.
Let us all be realistic here - there is nothing you could say about Santorum that is worse than what the man has said and done.  His attacks on science, education, women's rights - they are all part of the record and far more obscene, mean-spirited, and juvenile than anything, anyone could say about him.
Oh and before you add a further granny knot to your already knotted skids; the overlap of name and sexual acts is fairly commonplace in (or ahem...) on the English tongue.  Research in Motion is a job creator.  Simon Pegg; is one gerund attachment away from another Savage neologism. 
Quote:You do NOT get to do that kind of character assassination and win my
respect! I don't even LIKE Santorum, but I hate this WORSE. I don't CARE
what Santorum may have said or how bad it may have been. If you want to
prove you are better than him, then GODDAMNIT. BE BETTER. Don't descend
to this!
So says that man who referred to Dan Savage not two messages ago as...
Quote:What a waste of human skin this "man" is.
and even
Quote:the BASTARD
Technically it is not a character assassination, as Savage has told no lies, spread no falsehoods, libel or slander.  Calling for others to show maturity, judgement and restraint while you go off like...insert simile here.  How unexpected.  Imagine my shock.
Quote:You want to PROVE to me that you are the more rational and tolerant man?
Then you have to actually LIVE UP and STEP UP to those ideals.
Such as using non-violence, satire, humor and a fundamental understanding of ones opponent to craft an appropriate response.  How Swiftian of Savage.
Quote:Dan Savage FAILS.
Not as an educator.  Not as a parent.  Not as a satirist.  Not as a columnist.  Not as an Author.  Not as a human being.
Quote:YOU FAIL.
In that I will likely never be a cool as Dan Savage. That's probably accurate. I will likely never create something as transcendent as the "It Gets Better" Project. That's probably accurate; but I'll keep.  That I will never be able to rock a powder blue tuxedo the way the lead singer of the Spinners did.  Guilty as charged.
Quote:And that goes for ANYONE who supports this shit. It's NOT funny. It's
NOT cool. And DON'T consider me your friend if you support it!
It is very funny.  It is very cool.  It is very, very, good satire.
I would add the 'Forever alone' meme face for you here; but I suspect that would be far too cruel, and accurate.

I'm going to shock and surprise everyone here.

I'm not going to rant and rave at Rev.

Santorum was, of the slate that began the primary campaign, in my mind the single absolute worst possible choice the GOP could have made.

I'm just as glad he's gone as Rev is.

And - this is going to shock you even more -- for mostly the same reasons.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.

Quote:That I will never be able to rock a powder blue tuxedo the way the lead singer of the Spinners did. Guilty as charged.

Photographic proof of this requested.
"No can brain today. Want cheezeburger."
From NGE: Nobody Dies, by Gregg Landsman
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5579457/1/NGE_Nobody_Dies
GOP Reality Show
GOP Reality Show
Let us just say the entertainment factor has been tremendous. What is supposed to be a boring is now has drama and suspense to it! 
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

Now, it's good.

Soon, it'll be Super...

But then it'll be boring again.
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

*waggles hand*

maybe, maybe not..but I found interesting the alliance between Ron Paul and Mitt Romney.
Edit
*more hand waggling*
Now they're saying it's a ti,e 15 delegates for each guy. I would not call that a win. Especially if you have home court advantage. Well on to Tuesday.
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

It's like the XFactor nailing the Christmas Number 1 spot. All the circus boosts the overall popularity of each candidate by keeping them in the public eye and making them interesting to the news. So that, no matter who wins... the winner has a massive mindshare already built up.

The eventual winner's been in the news for so long, that everyone knows they're name, and likely remember them saying something they agree with.....

Of course.... no matter who wins, sanity loses.
I am just waiting to see how they fit them all back into that cute little car.

Rev Dark Wrote:I am just waiting to see how they fit them all back into that cute little car.
         As long as the car is not built in Detroit of course. Can they even unbent after all the origami shapes these folks had contorted themselves into? Or do they even care?
Edit: The fix is in...the Michigan GOP establishment decided to give both at large votes to Romney. Making it 16-14. Here is their reasoning:

Quote:Matt Frendewey, director of communications, Michigan Republican Party:

"It is unfortunate if I did not explain this more clearly. When the
RNC indicated it would penalize our total delegates and award us only 30
delegates, the credentials committee met on Feb. 4 and interpreted the
penalty by voting unanimously to send Michigan’s full delegation. Within
congressional districts, designate two out of the three delegates as
the RNC recognized delegates and two out of the 14 at-large as RNC
recognized delegates.

"The at-large delegates are still awarded proportionally to
candidates that achieve the 15 percent threshold, the two RNC recognized
delegates are assigned to the candidate that wins the most votes.
Michigan’s results, without the RNC penalty, 28-Romney/28-Santorum. If
the RNC upholds its penalty, 16-Romney, 14-Santorum."

But here is what the Michigan GOP chair said on Feb 8:
Quote:"We start off with, after the penalty, 30 voting delegates. Okay? Each
district-congressional district - you can win individually. So you have
14 districts you can win two delegates. That takes you to 28. Okay? The
two at-large that remain, provided the individual candidate won at
least 15 percent of the statewide vote - okay so with four candidates
that's likely to happen. Then they get awarded proportionally
, those delegates
, and then rounded to the nearest decimal point so there won't be any half delegates or quarter delegates."
http://firstread.msnbc.ms...-michigan-delegate-drama

At least it's all electronic now, no more "hanging chads". You can steal an election, but you have to more blatant about it.
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell
After Super Tuesday
The fat lady hasn't sung yet.
Edit: Money can't buy you love.
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

Well, voted in the Alabama primary. It is an open primary. Anyone can vote, as long as you are a registered voter. Though only in one primary. Turn out was low...maybe only 15 percent in my precinct. I was surprised though at the large number of  Romney "at large" delegates in the ballot.
The RNC "at large" delegate pool...that will be the deciding factor. 
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

http://www.cbsnews.com/83...-bid-for-gop-nomination/

Santorum is (mostly) out.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
The headlines write themselves
Santorum leaks plans to drop out.
Santorum drops.

I guess the majority of GOP Voters found Santorum a little hard to swallow.

-- I'll get my coat.

Santorum drops.

Santorum drops.
These sound like normal headlines. Are these supposed to be funny? If so, I'm not seeing it. Except maybe the last one in a weird non-sequitor way.

Santorum really did himself no favors early on, so a number of commentators of a less-televisable bent have decided that "Santorum" would now mean the byproducts of an act illegal in many states under cruelty to animals statutes.
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll
Not quite right.
Not quite right Fox.
http://en.wikipedia.org/w...%22santorum%22_neologism
http://blog.spreadingsantorum.com/

*Sigh*
Typical. Savage could have gone about complaining about what Santorum said in so many more constructive ways. But he chose the 4chan troll method. I have no respect for him. I've seen more mature responses scrawled on the walls of gas station toilets.  What a waste of human skin this "man" is.
Sigh...
Yes, because humorists have never used satire.  Swift's A Modest Proposal was equally shocking in its day.
Quote:What a waste of human skin this "man" is.
I see... Well given that you hadn't heard of Santorum; it is time to further educate you.  I will not take issue with your use of parenthesis around the word man in regards to Dan Savage; but you should ask yourself why you used them.
So this is what the person you describe as a 'waste of human skin' did.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/It_Gets_Better_Project
All those responses.  All those people standing shoulder to shoulder.  All of those people responding to the sort of homophobic tripe that pours from Rick Santorum at every turn.
We should all be such a waste of human skin.

Yes. Because he's SABOTAGING HIS OWN MOVEMENT by acting in an irrational, juvenile manner. In other words, he's NOT HELPING.
"It gets better" looks like a great thing to be doing. And the BASTARD IS RISKING IT by doing this juvenile CRAP?
Fuck him. He's made clear that he himself is as intolerant as the man he's trying to destroy. Time to turn over the IGB project to someone else so he doesn't damage it further.
??
Logan wrote.
[table]

Quote:Yes. Because he's SABOTAGING HIS OWN MOVEMENT by acting in an
irrational, juvenile manner. In other words, he's NOT HELPING.