Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Straight out of Hollywood
Straight out of Hollywood
A serial killer is targeting the LAPD and their families. The kicker. They trained him. He knows their modus operandi. He used to be one of them. I would had thought it was plot straight out of Hollywood if it wasn't real.
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

...and he's out for revenge. Yeah, it sounds just like the movie they'll no doubt make of it in five years or less. CNN.com had a good story on it yesterday, and http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/08/us/lapd-a ... ?hpt=hp_t1]today's coverage indicates it's getting even more movie-like.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

I suspect the movie will omit the part where trigger-happy cops shoot random people driving pickup trucks that looks sort of like the killer's.

That depends on whether the movie makes him out as a villain or an antihero. If it's the latter, then the cops have to be eeeeeeeevul in some way, and "shoot random people driving pickup trucks that looks sort of like the killer's" qualifies.

(No I don't think much of Hollywood. Why do you ask?)
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

robkelk Wrote:That depends on whether the movie makes him out as a villain or an antihero. If it's the latter, then the cops have to be eeeeeeeevul in some way, and "shoot random people driving pickup trucks that looks sort of like the killer's" qualifies.
(No I don't think much of Hollywood. Why do you ask?)
agreed,
 neither do I

Given the report I heard recently about this guy getting fan clubs and various other glorification, it's starting to sound like this movie.

-Morgan.

Since nobody else has mentioned it---this has apparently ended with the cops surrounding him in a cabin and burning him to death. They haven't announced exactly who the "charred body" they recovered was, so it's not impossible that they might have killed some random bystander thinking it was him, but Dorner doesn't seem to have been smart enough to arrange something like that.

I do enjoy how the LAPD is very loudly proclaiming that they didn't intentionally burn him to death, really they didn't. Even with recent improvements in their community relations, they still have such a horrific reputation that to many people it would not be inconceivable that they might have deliberately killed him in as horrific a fashion as possible, just to keep him from coming to trial -- and LAPD knows it.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Bob Schroeck Wrote:... they still have such a horrific reputation ...
"Come to LA, where the police will treat you like a King!" - post to rec.humor.funny around the time of the Rodney King incident.
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Bob Schroeck Wrote:I do enjoy how the LAPD is very loudly proclaiming that they didn't intentionally burn him to death, really they didn't. Even with recent improvements in their community relations, they still have such a horrific reputation that to many people it would not be inconceivable that they might have deliberately killed him in as horrific a fashion as possible, just to keep him from coming to trial -- and LAPD knows it.
Especially since they were caught on tape talking about it.

The excuses for these things always play out the same way. "Tear gas canisters" mysteriously start a fire in a completely unforeseeable and tragic accident that nobody could prevent which burns down the building with the person the cops were after inside. The fact that tear gas canisters only cause buildings to go up in flames in minutes when somebody who killed a cop is inside the building is just a giant coincidence.