Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Austin on North Korea's Nuclear Strike List
Austin on North Korea's Nuclear Strike List
http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/ ... ngton.html
I'm scratching my head on this one. Maybe he doesn't like "Austin City Limits"?
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

Steve Jackson Games is based in Austin... and they put Kim Il-Sung on a card in Burn In Hell.

It's personal.

(Maybe not, but it makes more sense than anything else I can imagine - other than "they know we know they're bluffing, so they're choosing targets at random"...)
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

The city is widely regarded as a treasure for music and independent film culture. If Kim Il-Sung wants to destroy American culture, what better targets than places like Austin.

Also, University of Texas is there. It's no Ivy League school, but as one of the oldest universities here in the state it has the facilities and curriculum to easily rival any one of them. Trust me, if you can't find a program you want at UT, then you're probably looking for something pretty damn esoteric - It's one only school I know of that has an aerospace engineering program and a Japanese culture program.

Oh, and Kim Il-Sung? Fuck you. With all my burning hatred. From Texas.

Quote:blackaeronaut wrote:

If Kim Il-Sung wants to destroy American culture, what better targets than places like Austin.

Actually, if I want to destroy American cultural places, I'd go for Disneyland.
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

In related news, Austin has declared war on North Korea. An advanced force of Rangers is due to be deployed, supported by divisions from the city's police SWAT.

It is expected to be a short war. Especially given how ludicrously overrarmed city police forces are in the US.

Quote:Dartz wrote:
supported by divisions from the city's police SWAT.
We should be so lucky. (Current Austin resident here.)

[img]http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BGidFr9CAAEj1Nw.jpg:large">

A recent article states that North Korea declared Tokyo its primary nuclear target -- not especially surprising in light of history.  One comment appended to the report mentioned that with NK's record, "that might actually be a relief to the Japanese... Sucks to be Australia though."
-----
Big Brother is watching you.  And damn, you are so bloody BORING.

DHBirr Wrote:A recent article states that North Korea declared Tokyo its primary nuclear target -- not especially surprising in light of history. One comment appended to the report mentioned that with NK's record, "that might actually be a relief to the Japanese... Sucks to be Australia though."
Considering the state-of-the-art of both the North Korean and Japanese militaries, I can't help but think of Zipang...
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012