Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
African Economist: "Save African Economy. Stop Sending Aid."
African Economist: "Save African Economy. Stop Sending Aid."
http://www.spiegel.de/international/spi ... 63663.html
Shikwati makes a pretty good case for it. All Western aid seems to do is prop up banana-republic dictators and thugs. Without it, they might have a chance at growing a real country or ten over there.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

But Bono tells us to.

I don't think it'll matter much after Ebola is done burning its way through the cities and villages out there. Especially if Africans keep massacring the doctors.

I don't care if they are uneducated and superstitious. They're anti-intellectuals. Let the fools rot and take their anti-intellectualism to the grave with them. And even if they do survive, I say we return the favor anyhow... after due process of course. Pretty sure that murdering aid workers is a humanitarian crime.

... it's a crime, period.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.

Black Aeronaut Wrote:I don't care if they are uneducated and superstitious. They're anti-intellectuals. Let the fools rot and take their anti-intellectualism to the grave with them. And even if they do survive, I say we return the favor anyhow... after due process of course. Pretty sure that murdering aid workers is a humanitarian crime.

Given the americans killing doctors who provide abortions, reliance on anti-gay charlatans and of course the anti-vaxers.... you might want to look in the mirror before embarking on genocide.
E: "Did they... did they just endorse the combination of the JSDF and US Army by showing them as two lesbian lolicons moving in together and holding hands and talking about how 'intimate' they were?"
B: "Have you forgotten so soon? They're phasing out Don't Ask, Don't Tell."

And if we weren't propping up the dictators, the actual people might have a chance to make a decent, civilized life for themselves.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.

Quote:CattyNebulart wrote:
Quote:Black Aeronaut wrote:
I don't care if they are uneducated and superstitious. They're anti-intellectuals. Let the fools rot and take their anti-intellectualism to the grave with them. And even if they do survive, I say we return the favor anyhow... after due process of course. Pretty sure that murdering aid workers is a humanitarian crime.
Given the americans killing doctors who provide abortions, reliance on anti-gay charlatans and of course the anti-vaxers.... you might want to look in the mirror before embarking on genocide.
I never said anything about genocide.  I simply believe that they should reap the rewards they so richly deserve.  As for the borderline misogynist ass clowns you mentioned...  Same thing.  I wish that their children all catch Measles and Mumps, that their daughters all have direly unwanted pregnancies, and that all their sons come out of the closet as homosexuals.  All this because sometimes the misery you bring upon yourself is the best teacher.