Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to spot lies on the campaign trail
How to spot lies on the campaign trail
http://www.cbc.ca/radio/day6/episode-24 ... -1.3181983

Useful in any election, not just the two going on at the moment in North America.
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

How to spot lies on the campaign trail.

Are you looking at a politician?

Yes.
Are they're lips moving?
Yes.
Then they are lying, end query.

Quote:Asked about Jeb Bush's suggestion that Trump apologize for his comments about Kelly Friday, Trump turned the tables, noting that Bush was criticized for his language last week regarding women's health issues. "I'm not sure we need half a billion dollars for women's health issues," Bush said during a speech, later saying he misspoke and was only referring to the federal money going to Planned Parenthood.
"This is worse than what Romney did when he blew 47 percent of the vote with his ridiculous statements," Trump said on CBS' Face the Nation.
"I'm exactly the opposite. I will be phenomenal to the women. I want to help women. What Jeb Bush said last week I thought was totally out of order. Then he came back a day later and he said 'oh I misspoke' -- well that's an awfully bad thing to misspeak about. I just don't think you misspeak that way. So I thought what he did was terrible."
So...there are lies and there are whopper of a lie.
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

ordnance11 Wrote:
Quote:Asked about Jeb Bush's suggestion that Trump apologize for his comments about Kelly Friday, Trump turned the tables, noting that Bush was criticized for his language last week regarding women's health issues. "I'm not sure we need half a billion dollars for women's health issues," Bush said during a speech, later saying he misspoke and was only referring to the federal money going to Planned Parenthood."This is worse than what Romney did when he blew 47 percent of the vote with his ridiculous statements," Trump said on CBS' Face the Nation."I'm exactly the opposite. I will be phenomenal to the women. I want to help women. What Jeb Bush said last week I thought was totally out of order. Then he came back a day later and he said 'oh I misspoke' -- well that's an awfully bad thing to misspeak about. I just don't think you misspeak that way. So I thought what he did was terrible."
So...there are lies and there are whopper of a lie.

I hate to go all Godwin, but remember who coined the term 'Big Lie

Never mind the fact that US policis has basically devolved into the equivelant of a contest between fans of different football teams, regardless of what those teams policies actually are.

Quote:Dartz wrote:
Never mind the fact that US policis has basically devolved into the equivelant of a contest between fans of different football teams, regardless of what those teams policies actually are.
There are only two real factions in American politics.
Those who honestly believe that their party's platform will bring about prosperity and freedom for all,and those who cynically manipulate and use the former to maximize their own personal power and wealth.
We call the first group "voters", and the second "politicians".
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.