http://blog.archive.org/2016/06/02/cop ... r-the-web/
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Now that I'm using my home account...

What happened to "fair use doctrine"? What happened to "innocent until proven guilty"? What happened to "expiration of copyright term"?

And who came up with the idea that public input was a DDoS attack?
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Jeeze, this shit is like the Republicans and the AHCA - they just don't give up on it, do they?
EDIT: And on that note, why do I get the sneaking suspicion that this won't be left alone unless there is a Constituional Amendment that protects Fair Use from copyright infringement?  Because it is seriously starting to look that bad.  I would place a healthy wager that if you went back in time and told the Founding Fathers about the issues of fair use and copyright that they would have included a provision in either the Bill of Rights or the Constitution itself.

Quote:Black Aeronaut wrote:
Jeeze, this shit is like the Republicans and the AHCA - they just don't give up on it, do they?
EDIT: And on that note, why do I get the sneaking suspicion that this won't be left alone unless there is a Constituional Amendment that protects Fair Use from copyright infringement?  Because it is seriously starting to look that bad.  I would place a healthy wager that if you went back in time and told the Founding Fathers about the issues of fair use and copyright that they would have included a provision in either the Bill of Rights or the Constitution itself.
Yeah, they would have probably done a lot more "hard-coding" of things like copyright term limits and exemptions. Author's life plus 70 is absolutely *BLEEP*ing excessive.
All this is, is trying to kill the internet as a distribution platform for everyone, or at least kill the centralized clearing house that is YouTube, and pulling all that back into needing to give over to Big Media if you want your idea to get any sort of reach beyond a local access channel. Pretty much all the YouTube channels I follow have had to deal with copyright claims at some point or another, if not multiple times now. This would just make it worse, and I'm sure several of them would wind up closed down if this happens.
--

"You know how parents tell you everything's going to fine, but you know they're lying to make you feel better? Everything's going to be fine." - The Doctor

I would place a healthy wager that if you went back in time and told the Founding Fathers about the issues of fair use and copyright that they would have included a provision in either the Bill of Rights or the Constitution itself.
A while back I saw somebody (Rick Falkvinge?) point out that the legal basis for the existence of copyright had technically been removed from the Constitution because the copyright clause had been superseded by the First Amendment.

Quote:khagler wrote:
I would place a healthy wager that if you went back in time and told the Founding Fathers about the issues of fair use and copyright that they would have included a provision in either the Bill of Rights or the Constitution itself.
A while back I saw somebody (Rick Falkvinge?) point out that the legal basis for the existence of copyright had technically been removed from the Constitution because the copyright clause had been superseded by the First Amendment.
Well, evidently it needs to be spelled out for the lawyers.