[Image: 5bb266b18c4cfa150f3e8e0ce5f97520fa94ac3a.jpg]
[Image: 7c4364b619e64d85a28806a0e2de03db3d1993ec.jpg]
[Image: fca261a189490adc0f1ee5005475f31ee75dbe12.jpg]
[Image: e9b1661343a808e803e106593d5bd8cb03a0fb43.jpg]
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

When given the choice between a prick and a cunt, choose the one that won't fuck you in the arse....

True advice for a modern election.

I see a pattern here...
1. Trump opens mouth and digs a huuuge hole.
2. His staff and surrogates walk back/deny etc to tamp down the uproar.
3. Staff and surrogates "try" to keep Trump on message.
4. Trump "tries" to stay on message.
5. Repeat step 1.
The presidential debates are going to be interesting. Any bets that Trump will skip them claiming they're rigged?
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

Oh, no bets. He's already starting that talk.

Of course, as far as Trump's concerned the system is rigged because they didn't just hand the White House to him the moment he expressed an interest. If it doesn't immediately bow to him and give him what he wants, the system must be rigged.

I understand he's planning to sue everyone who doesn't vote for him whether he wins or not, on the grounds that they were unfair to him and were part of the conspiracy to deny him the Presidency.
-- Bob
---------

As the saying goes, if voting actually made a difference it would have long since been banned.  Every election in every country where the elites have influence, has a chosen candidate who gets more coverage of good news, and less coverage of bad news.  In 1000 years time it could be Donald Trump the 346th who is favoured over Hillary Clinton the 625th.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/09/politics/ ... d=27494539]Okay, who had "assassination threat" in the "Stuff Trump Says Next" pool?
EDIT:  http://www.ifyouonlynews.com/politics/t ... him-unfit/]And who had "Claim GOP Establishment and National Security experts are conspiring with Clinton to undermine his candidacy"?
-- Bob
---------

ordnance11 Wrote:Any bets that Trump will skip them claiming they're rigged?
Completely ignoring what happened to the Conservative candidate for Prime Minister in the last Canadian election, who skipped all but one of the debates. (Hint: We have a Liberal government now.)

Oh, but that didn't happen in the USA, so it doesn't count.
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

And in the latest news... the Secret Service has confirmed that it has spoken to the Trump campaign about the veiled assassination threat. Meanwhile, in the universe where Trump lives, they haven't. http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/10/politics/ ... index.html]Story here.
-- Bob
---------

I've said it before.

Donald Trump is the reason America has that bloody thing.

Y'know, looking at the rants of his supporters, I'm beginning to think we in the U.S. NEED for Trump to become President.  Because if we survive the experience, it might chasten us.  The way the Germans sobered up after what electing Schickelgruber did to them.
-----
No, it ISN'T what it is!
-----
Big Brother is watching you.  And damn, you are so bloody BORING.

The problem is, much like 1930s-40s Germany, you'd take everybody else with you. (Economically this time, not militarily, but it would still hurt.)
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Quote:robkelk wrote:
The problem is, much like 1930s-40s Germany, you'd take everybody else with you. (Economically this time, not militarily, but it would still hurt.)
And would ensure that we'd never, ever be trusted again. I'm sure, at that point, everyone would have a vested interest, after the smoke cleared, of keeping the U.S. from being anywhere near influential in world economics.
--

"You know how parents tell you everything's going to fine, but you know they're lying to make you feel better? Everything's going to be fine." - The Doctor

And round three on the assassination threat. Katrina Pierson -- remember her from last week and the Khan stuff? -- has gone on CNN and basically said that it wasn't a threat, but a warning that Clinton will get shot if she gets elected, so if care at all about her, you should vote for Trump to save her life.

"Nice candidate you gots here. Be a real shame if sumthin' happened to 'er..."
-- Bob
---------

"ISIS is honoring President Obama. He is the founder of ISIS. He is the founder of ISIS, okay? He is the founder. He founded ISIS. And I would say the cofounder would be crooked Hillary Clinton."
Reporter: Did you mean that Obama created the vacuum, he lost the peace?
"No, I meant he's the founder of ISIS," Trump said. "I do. He was the most valuable player. I give him the most valuable player award. I give her, too, by the way, Hillary Clinton."
-----
Well, that's good news for me.  All I need is "democrats faked the moon landing" and I'll fill out my bingo card!
-- ∇×V

Quote:vorticity wrote:
All I need is "democrats faked the moon landing" and I'll fill out my bingo card!
Given that the landing was in Nixon's administration (Republican, just in case any readers here didn't know), that'd be an especially insane remark....  I wonder how long before he says it?
-----
Big Brother is watching you.  And damn, you are so bloody BORING.

"ISIS is honoring President Obama. He is the founder of ISIS. He is the founder of ISIS, okay? He is the founder. He founded ISIS. And I would say the cofounder would be crooked Hillary Clinton."
"No, I meant he's the founder of ISIS," Trump said. "I do. He was the most valuable player. I give him the most valuable player award. I give her, too, by the way, Hillary Clinton."
Even better, that was a conservative radio commentator who was trying to lead Trump into a correction.
-- Bob
---------

Quote:Given that the landing was in Nixon's administration (Republican, just
in case any readers here didn't know), that'd be an especially insane
remark....  I wonder how long before he says it?
That goddamn pinko who endorsed the Equal Rights Amendment, created the Environmental Protection Agency, proposed an employer mandate for health insurance, and fought against Birchers all his life?  I'm surprised people keep confusing Nixon for a Republican.  But @dick_nixon does does have a hell of a Twitter feed.
-- ∇×V

Quote:Bob Schroeck wrote:
Even better, that was a conservative radio commentator who was trying to lead Trump into a correction.
See it was Trump being "sarcastic". And it is pointless at this point to expect Trump to pivot. Remember this fable.
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

As time goes on, it gets harder and harder to decide what Trump news to relay here. There's a lot, and and sometimes it seems like the Trump wing of the Republican party is going out of its way to sound extra crazy or surreal so as to drown out the real crazy and surreal Trump emits with every breath. Like Guiliani -- the mayor of NYC during 9/11 -- claiming that there were no Islamic terrorist attacks on US soil until Obama was president. I'm appalled at how much of it there is, and unable to choose what to repost as the most deserving of attention. Today's been an especially busy day on that front.

But here's something of major concern: Trump's campaign manager Paul Manafort received almost $13 million in payments from a pro-Russian Ukrainian political party between 2007 and 2012. It raises some serious questions about just what kind of influence Russia has on Trump. http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/15/us/po ... -news&_r=0
-- Bob
---------

And the latest news....Stay in Iraq and keep the oil
Neo colonialism at it's finest..even I can see the problems that would arise in that situation.
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

I am coming to truly enjoy Andy Borowitz from The New Yorker -- his humor columns are always spot-on and funny. Cases in point: http://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz ... cal-system]Trump Blames Bad Poll Numbers on Existence of Numerical System and http://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz ... gs-he-says]Trump Blasts Media for Reporting Things He Says
-- Bob
---------

Fresh news for y'all: overnight the Trump campaign decided to kick Manafort upstairs and turn the campaign's helm over to Breitbart News.

I am not fucking kidding.
[Image: EH83dRc.png]
Mr. Fnord interdimensional man of mystery

FenWiki - Your One-Stop Shop for Fenspace Information

"I. Drink. Your. NERDRAGE!"

That's amusing because I just came across an article last night -- I don't have the URL handy, I'll have to go look for it -- about Breibart News. It seems they ran their own poll to counter "skewed" results from "left-leaning" pollsters. To their shock, they came up with pretty much the same numbers as everybody else in the country except the Trump campaign. To their credit, they reported it.
-- Bob
---------

What your seeing is the beginning of the end. Trump decided he is doing to do it his way. And if he loses, he'll say he was cheated. Remember, early voting in some states begins in 6 weeks. Trump seems to think that the size of his rallies mater. not what the "rigged" polls suggest.  No lie to big, no falsehood too small. 
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

Ever since the Khan Fiasco, Trump's campaign has been in a tailspin as people begin to see his true colors. (It's funny how a lot of bigoted Americans have this weird double-standard of 'He might have been a Muslim, but he was still a hero, dammit' and how it's backfired on Trump spectacularly.) I'm fairly certain that Hilary's campaign is going to make sure that remains fresh in peoples' minds.

I'm fairly sure that Trump isn't going to win this, but that said, it is absolutely contingent on people getting out and voting for this one. We cannot afford for people to not take this election seriously.