Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yes we are still crying Wolf!
Yes we are still crying Wolf!
The GOP votes to remove it's independent oversight reverse course after public outcry
The only thing that stopped it from being voted on was Trump's criticism of it, though his adviser was defending it. And I wonder if Trump does not want the GOP members getting their hand on what the French used to call "little graft". That would be reserved for him and his cabinet.
So to the conservative members of the forum, still think crying wolf is a bad idea?
Edit: The link disappeared. My bad
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

What is "it"? Context, please.

Edit: Thanks.
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

The kicker was this was the first thing (among others) that the caucus decided to place into session. The House leadership was caught of guard by this. They were told it was at least "bad optics." But they voted to put it to a vote anyway. They finally convened a special session to remove it "at this time". Meaning if you don't succeed, try again when no one is looking.
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

"Suppose you were an idiot.  Suppose you were a member of Congress.  But I repeat myself." — Mark Twain

He also called Congress the only "distinctly native American criminal class."

Yes, it's been going on that long.
-----
Big Brother is watching you.  And damn, you are so bloody BORING.

Yeah, but as I've said before, the Republicans are mindlessly blatant about it -- it's almost as if they can't understand why anyone would object. They know that people do, and that it's bad if they get noticed doing things like this, but they are completely incapable of figuring out why.  Just like the election board in whichever Carolina it was a couple months back, proudly announcing how they had prevented black citizens from voting:  it doesn't even occur to them to hide being corrupt, they trot it out in the light and are honestly confused when people look at them like they're scum.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Bob Schroeck Wrote:Yeah, but as I've said before, the Republicans are mindlessly blatant about it -- it's almost as if they can't understand why anyone would object. They know that people do, and that it's bad if they get noticed doing things like this, but they are completely incapable of figuring out why.  Just like the election board in whichever Carolina it was a couple months back, proudly announcing how they had prevented black citizens from voting:  it doesn't even occur to them to hide being corrupt, they trot it out in the light and are honestly confused when people look at them like they're scum.
I do believe there's a name for such behaviour... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychopathy#Sociopathy
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012