Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The hands that threaten doom
The hands that threaten doom
Two and a Half minutes to go people....

Just two and a half minutes until the lights go out for the final time.

Tick....Tock....Tick....Tock....Tick....Tock....Tick....Tock....Tick....Tock.... Tick....Tock....Tick....Tock....Tick....Tock....Tick....Tock....Tick....Tock.... Tick....Tock....Tick....Tock....Tick....Tock....Tick....Tock....Tick....Tock.... Tick....Tock....Tick....Tock....Tick....Tock....Tick....Tock....Tick....Tock.... Tick....Tock....Tick....Tock....Tick....Tock....Tick....Tock....Tick....Tock.... Tick....Tock....Tick....Tock....Tick....Tock....Tick....Tock....Tick....Tock.... Tick....Tock....Tick....Tock....Tick....Tock....Tick....Tock....Tick....Tock.... Tick....Tock....Tick....Tock....Tick....Tock....Tick....Tock....Tick....Tock.... Tick....Tock....Tick....Tock....Tick....Tock....Tick....Tock....Tick....Tock.... Tick....Tock....Tick....Tock....Tick....Tock....Tick....Tock....Tick....Tock.... Tick....Tock....Tick....Tock....Tick....Tock....Tick....Tock....Tick....Tock.... Tick....Tock....Tick....Tock....Tick....Tock....Tick....Tock....Tick....Tock.... Tick....Tock....Tick....Tock....Tick....Tock....Tick....Tock....Tick....Tock.... Tick....Tock....Tick....Tock....Tick....Tock....Tick....Tock....Tick....Tock.... Tick....Tock....Tick....Tock....Tick....Tock....Tick....Tock....Tick..............

I think this should go in Politics and Other Fun, given how much of what's pushing the change is either explicitly political or, as with the climate change aspect, heavily influenced by politics.

"A very overrated group!  Sad!" as the Dear Leader Comrade Donald Jong Trump will undoubtedly say.
-----
Big Brother is watching you.  And damn, you are so bloody BORING.

Agreed. Moving this.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

This is the first time that the Doomsday Clock has been adjusted by a half-minute. (So, the situation is really really bad, but it isn't really really really bad?)

Go back to setting the Doomsday Clock by full minutes! Make the Doomsday Clock great again!
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
RE: The hands that threaten doom
It's been a year... and the clock creeps closer to midnight. The situation is now really really really bad.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
... Crap.

And there's a guy that, if we are lucky, is merely incompetent and in charge of the USA.

We can but hope he'll get kicked out soon and a more capable replacement provided, but even that isn't looking too rosy.
Doomsday Clock stays put in 2019

Since there's nothing new to say, here's a retrospective:

[Image: doomsday-clock-graphic.jpg]
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
It is now 100 seconds to midnight.

DOOM

Random Irish comment. "Well stop moving it forward yiz bastards"

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.