Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Apparently Obama is still lurking around the White House.
Apparently Obama is still lurking around the White House.
Because Trump is blaming him for the leaks in his administration.

I can't recall where I read it, but it was in the last week or so -- an editorial about how Truman had that "The Buck Stops Here" sign on his desk as President, but Trump is basically blaming anyone and anything he can think of for any failure or even small problem.  According to Trump, there are apparently several dozen massive conspiracies all working to lie about and undermine his administration.

-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Obama is living in D.C. until his daughters finish high school.
Obama has a higher approval rating than Trump. You got other nations petitioning him to run for their highest office. Weird huh?
Trump hates it when someone else steals his limelight.
Obama is making Trump look bad.
The leaks in his administration are making him look bad.
Ergo sum, Obama is orchestrating the leaks.
The fact is that the power centers in his administration are using leaks to bring attention problems to him that they could not or would not do in normal channels does not seem to enter his mind.
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

Bob Schroeck Wrote:...  According to Trump, there are apparently several dozen massive conspiracies all working to lie about and undermine his administration.
It was the strawberries.
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
A Trump parable
This reminds me an old story. A new CEO was taking over the company from a predecessor who was being ousted. The predecessor told the new guy: "I am leaving you 3 envelopes. They are marked numerically.  open them up when you have troubles you can't solve.
First scandal: He opens up #1.
 Place the blame on your subordinates, fire them and hire competent ones.
Second scandal: He opens up #2.
 Blame your predecessor
3rd Scandal: He opens up #3.
Find yourself another job.
Trump's on track for #3. Ain't even 60 days yet.
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

And you realize that once he's out of the White House, no matter how he left, he's going to spend the rest of his life trying to convince the entire country that he was the best President ever, bar none. And probably suing historians, and textbook publishers, and anyone else who doesn't say exactly that.
-- Bob
---------

Quote:Bob Schroeck wrote:
And you realize that once he's out of the White House, no matter how he left, he's going to spend the rest of his life trying to convince the entire country that he was the best President ever, bar none. And probably suing historians, and textbook publishers, and anyone else who doesn't say exactly that.
And depends on how gullible the idiots who voted for whom remain gullible. My family voted for Trump and I asked for their reasons. One said she has always voted straight Republican. The other believes that he's actually a closet democrat. They actually don't want to talk about talking about him nowadays. I doubt 4 years from now you'll find people who are proud to have voted for him.  
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

Trump declares massive political scandal and no one believes him
Why isn't his staff taking away his twitter account?
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

ordnance11 Wrote:Trump declares massive political scandal and no one believes him

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

As long as the First Amendment is in force, it also applies to the POTUS.
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Quote:robkelk wrote:
Quote:ordnance11 wrote:

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

From a political perspective, the POTUS mouthing off like a petulant child is dammed embarrassing. Note that members of this forum who has sung paeans is his praise have gone silent. 47 days into his administration, and he still acts likes he's candidate Trump and not POTUS. If he's the role model for children, expect a lot of surly bullies in the future.
Right now I see 2 things happening:
1. The next natural disaster to happen in the U.S. will be a disaster for the Trump administration. It will be like Katrina all over again. Why? Well for one the post of Administrator and Deputy Administrator had not been filled in. And no one in the current administration has the vaguest idea of emergency response. Expect a lot of fumbling.
2. Trump is going to kick off another war with somebody. He needs the public's support and the nation always initially supports to president to "support the troops". Just like Iraq in 2001. With even flimsier evidence.
Edit:
Trump calls for a probe on Obama White House politically motivated investigation on 2016 campaign
He's ratcheting up the push back. Now I have to wonder what is he hiding if he really wants the Russian affair to go away. This is starting to look like event trajectory of Watergate.  If he or his staff were smart, he should appointed an independent commission to determine what happened. Instead, his campaign and later staff has issued blanket denials and they just keep digging deeper into a hole. This administration is getting more dysfunctional by the week.
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

Anyway, ordnance11 wasn't talking about Congress, or any law, restricting or abridging POTUS' freedom of speech — he was talking about someone on Trump's staff restricting it in the hope of keeping him from making himself look stupid.  This would not, in fact, be a First Amendment violation, though a case could certainly be made that it'd be a criminal infringement on his freedom as a U.S. citizen.  (Which would be hilarious:  Republicans trying to shut him up while Democrats demand, "No, let him tweet!")
-----
Big Brother is watching you.  And damn, you are so bloody BORING.

Quote:DHBirr wrote:

Anyway, ordnance11 wasn't talking about Congress, or any law, restricting or abridging POTUS' freedom of speech — he was talking about someone on Trump's staff restricting it in the hope of keeping him from making himself look stupid.  This would not, in fact, be a First Amendment violation, though a case could certainly be made that it'd be a criminal infringement on his freedom as a U.S. citizen.  (Which would be hilarious:  Republicans trying to shut him up while Democrats demand, "No, let him tweet!")
Yup Yup. It'd be funny as heck!
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

Another Trump attack on Obama
Seriously, when the times comes to rally the nation how many people will take him seriously?
Oh and Applause and cheers for Obama in NY
I bet the current POTUS is grinding his teeth.
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

So concerning my last post, why is he asking Congress to look at this? He doesn't trust the DOJ to properly look into now that Sessions recused himself?
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

He also is apparently unaware that he can just order the release of the information himself.
-- Bob
---------

Maybe it's because there's nothing to release. Note that he's been quiet this week. Wonder how his staff managed that miracle?
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

Oh, of course there's nothing to release. But if there were, it would be completely in his power to have it all dumped out in the open.

The fact that he didn't even try, when he's tried massive overreach of presidential authority everywhere else, is prima facie evidence the whole thing is either a) the usual mindless echo of whatever catches his imagination from the right wing news sources, b) a deliberate smoke screen to distract from the Russia scandal, or c) both.
-- Bob
---------

Congress rebukes Trump Spicer sez otherwise
The only thing that would back up Trump's claim is either a FISA warrant or one of his people swept up in surveillance of the Russians. Which one?
Edit: How did that become recursive? Fixed.  
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

ordnance11, that link just takes me to the top of this thread....  "It's a recursive function!  You've already made an infinite number of errors...!"
-----
Big Brother is watching you.  And damn, you are so bloody BORING.

Well Comey testified on live TV yesterday:
No surveillance of Trump was ordered
Trump tried to muddle the testimony in real time through his tweets. So now the White House is calling Manafort and Flynn as having no real influence in the campaign. Why the swift disavowal if there is nothing to hide?
Trump just lost political capital on this stunt.
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell