Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump Russian Affair
Trump Russian Affair
The latest news:
Jeff Sessions did not disclose he had contacts with the russian ambassador during his confirmation hearings

Considering Flynn was fired (albeit reluctantly), for not telling the truth, this opens up a whole can of worms
Edit: Based on the video of his confirmation hearing, we could be looking at perjury: lying under oath. Was it a sin of commission or omission? That's the question.
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

Oh, you know how it's gonna turn out. They'll say it was all of no consequence and just sweep it under the rug. >Sad

Well Sessions now recused himself from any investigation after the revelation.
This not going away, by any shape or form. Despite the GOP and Trump's desire to sweep it under the rug.
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

Quote:Well Sessions now recused himself from any investigation after the revelation.
And of course Trump threw a Twitter tantrum like clockwork afterward.

Has anyone told him he's not an absolute monarch yet?
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

I think the courts have been trying to tell him, but he hasn't been listening.

Howdy Raven
Well to our conservative members who think this is a tempest in a teapot, I will remind them that the Trump campaign issued a blanket denial. Now it's coming out the Flynn, Jared and Jeff Sessions were in talks in the Russians during the campaign and transition. So who else where holding talks, when and what was discussed. ?
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

Note in the article, no example of what, where and what was discussed were given.
Note that this is a technique of moral relativism that they had done in the pass. Color me skeptical.
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

So in thinking about this in reference to Trump's baseless ("Facts? Who needs facts? WHY WOULD I NEED TO PROVIDE FACTS!?") accusation that Trump Tower was wire-tapped, maybe some of the incoming callers were being monitored. That would mean folks taking calls from those who would be monitored (say, the Russian ambassador) by the FBI might have been recorded. Or those calling the Russian ambassador's tapped line.

So in a roundabout "all about me" way, sure, maybe some calls from or to Trump Tower were recorded as part of the normal monitoring of foreign power players. But that's just more fuel on the Trumpsterfire of this administration's degree of compromise by foreign interests.
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
"Being told to be 'open minded' about something is usually a code for 'you're not going to like this, but I want to subject you to it anyway'. Conversely, being told that you are 'closed-minded' is generally a means of asserting that 'I don't like the fact that you're proving me wrong, so I will pretend that your failure to agree with my argument is a philosophical deficiency'." - RationalWiki

There is the smell of treason in the air
Relevant quote
Quote:“There’s a smell of treason in the air,” presidential historian Douglas
Brinkley said. “Imagine if J. Edgar Hoover or any other FBI director
would have testified against a sitting president? It would have been a
mind-boggling event.”
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

"...they wanted to hurt our democracy...." (Comey)
Quote:Nearly as devastating was Comey’s testimony that Russia wanted Trump to win. He said flatly that “they wanted to hurt our democracy, hurt her, help him."
-----
Considering that one dictionary definition of "carry on" is to "behave or speak in a foolish, excited, or improper manner," the designers of that famous poster, "Keep Calm and Carry On," need to make up their flippin' minds!
-----
Big Brother is watching you.  And damn, you are so bloody BORING.

Glenn Greenwald has a good article on this.

This is an open ended investigation. Go down the hole and see where it leads. Maybe nothing. Maybe something. Remember the Monica Lewinski problem Bill Clinton had? Now Trump is on the hot seat. Worse, even the appearance of obstruction will boomerang on him. And if charges ever comes out of anyone in his circle? Not even his most rabid supporters can wish that away.
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

Nunes shows why he is incapable of an impartial investigation
Running to the WH with intelligence w/o consulting other members of the committee? Giving the appearance of a partisan cover-up?
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell