Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Trump's Administration War on Ethics
The Trump's Administration War on Ethics
What this means is that one set of rules..really none for the White House and another set for the rest of the government.
This White House is laying the groundwork for all sorts of payola. I suspect the reason is that they want to make hay before they're booted out.
Say what you will about Obama, there had never been a personal scandal during this administration. This administration flouting of the ethic rules is going to prove a disaster for this administration. Once it gets out that his staff has been accepting "gifts" for certain actions.

Edit: This is the link which disappeared White house counsel response to Kellyanne shout out to buy Ivanka Trump
Relevant passage:

Quote:The administration's assertion was made in a letter that White House Deputy Counsel Stefan Passantino wrote regarding the controversy over White House Counselor Kellyanne Conway's recent ethical issues.
Passantino's letter said that "many regulations promulgated by the Office of Government Ethics ("OGE") do not apply to employees of the Executive Office of the President
The President sets the moral tone of the administration, whether he likes it or not. As a OSHA inspector, one of the reasons I do not allow the employers I inspect to even give me "gifts" of nominal value is that the agency will come down on me like a ton of bricks if even the "appearance" of bribery or collusion is ever hinted. Trump is sending the wrong message to law enforcement agencies. One good reason why I did not vote for him.   
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

In case anyone is wondering what ordnance is talking about...

http://www.newsweek.com/obama-ethics-ru ... use-548904

It is indeed worrying. I could care less that Trump wants a five-year cool-down period after someone leaves the White House before they go lobbying. The greater evil is when they're giving backrubs to their previous employers while employed as White House staff.

Digression:
Black Aeronaut Wrote:... I could care less that Trump wants a five-year cool-down period after someone leaves the White House before they go lobbying. ...
You didn't have that rule yet? Time for that part of the law to be dragged kicking and screaming into the 20th century in the Anglosphere.
(Yes, I know that was last century.)
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Could be worse, until 2 or so years ago an Alabama state legislator can be in office one day, resign and be a lobbyist the next day. Payola was and still is a way of life over there.
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

What was decired as "phony" before is now the real deal to the Trump adminstration
This administration will probably claim that Trump invented the light bulb if they can get away with it.
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell