Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The civil war inside the Trump administration
The civil war inside the Trump administration
The originals vs the establishment - and the originals are losing
I was reading it and I realized the reason why they're being booted off. The original dream of these Trump campaign staffers is to work in the West Wing. The problem is that there was not enough jobs to go around so they got assigned to "beach head" teams in the various executive agencies. Their goal is to ensure ensure that the agencies meet Trump's goals. The problem was that they were given temporary appointments - 90-120 days in most cases. And the department heads would want their own people, not someone who could be a spy for higher headquarters. You also have the following issues:
1. Are they competent at the position they're holding?  Also a side note - the Senior Executive Service (SES) positions are the only ones that I am aware off that serves at the President's pleasure and can considered to be  political appointments. There's not enough of those go around, and even they you have to be competent at the position being appointed. Otherwise the agency would rubber wall the appointee off. If you want the danger of appointing a political hack appointed to a position he has no knowledge of expertise of, consider this guy.
2. Can they work with other people?  - Well, consider the EPA. If you're placing a Trump appointee there with the goal of decimating the agency, you won't be welcomed with open arms.
3. Trump placed a hiring freeze on federal hiring. So their appointments can't be converted to permanent ones. Can it be waived? Yes, but you can see the headlines now.
So these guys should had realized what they were getting into.Too bad no one from the Trump team warned them.

And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

They're supposed to fill their pockets with loot and be out the door before the flames get too high, aren't they?
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
"Being told to be 'open minded' about something is usually a code for 'you're not going to like this, but I want to subject you to it anyway'. Conversely, being told that you are 'closed-minded' is generally a means of asserting that 'I don't like the fact that you're proving me wrong, so I will pretend that your failure to agree with my argument is a philosophical deficiency'." - RationalWiki

Well, they're not supposed to, but...
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Quote:Spoilsport wrote:
They're supposed to fill their pockets with loot and be out the door before the flames get too high, aren't they?
It's not like being appointed to be head of a Federal Mint and then being able to haul off all the money you can carry off in the dead on night.
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

Keep in mind that a lot of these people were appointed with the express point that they dismantle their respective agencies from the inside out. This isn't looting they're trying to accomplish, it's a razing. And they're failing at it because Trump doesn't know how this shit works.

But they're sure as hell gonna make things difficult for us.

I think Bannon may be feeling a kind of "itch" between his shoulder blades ... the precognition that a dagger with the Oval Office seal is about to go in....
-----
Big Brother is watching you.  And damn, you are so bloody BORING.