Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Base Ideas
Base Ideas
OK, so our lovely friend @Pan Pope has a lovely habit of bopping into other people's Supergroup bases and taking pictures. Industrial Spy? Possibly. Anyway, he was over on Saturday with a CDR FULL of pictures. Not all bases, but man there were a lot of those. So, here's what I picked out as some of the coolest room/room ideas to share.
Long Corridor
Not sure what it is, but it's cool
Sick Bay Beds
We need one of these control rooms
How to make beds for the base
For our next act......
Water feature
Not big on the colours, but the room idea is intereting
Schoolroom idea
If anyone building bases wants a close up, let me know and I'm sure we can arrange something. -C-
Re: Base Ideas
Quote:
That's the magical equivalent of our great big tech powerplant.
Quote:
Sick Bay Beds
Ooh, those look very nice. And a lot less "surplus-1950s mental asylum" than the gurneys by themselves.
Quote:
We need one of these control rooms
Oh, that's a great idea, using beacon images to simulate live views on the various zones!
Quote:
How to make beds for the base
Wow. I hope Logan is taking notes!
Quote:
Not big on the colours, but the room idea is intereting
Enh. Doesn't do anything for me, sorry.

-- Bob
---------
I intend to be a freak for the rest of my life, and I shall baffle you with cabbages and rhinoceroses in the kitchen and incessant quotations from Now We Are Six through the mouthpiece of Lord Snooty's giant poisoned electric head. So theeeeeere....
Quote:
Long Corridor
We don't actually have a space in the base that would accommodate that structure. It is cool though.
Quote:
Like Bob said. Magic power supply. Big one.
Quote:
Ooh, those look very nice. And a lot less "surplus-1950s mental asylum" than the gurneys by themselves.
I agree. And I'll be making at least one of those type for the infirmary.
Quote:
Oh, that's a great idea, using beacon images to simulate live views on the various zones!
Got one of those set up now, if you want to take a look. If it's not in a convenient spot, we can move and/or recreate it elsewhere. I'm thinking that an alternate location would be in the "Hanger" bay opposite the Peregrine/RWZ Tporter.
Quote:
How to make beds for the base.
--------------------------
Wow. I hope Logan is taking notes!

Indeed I am! I saw that and slapped myself in the forehead, "That's GENIUS!! Why didn't I think of that?"
-Logan
-----------------
"Wake up! Time for SCIENCE!"
-Adam Savage
-----------------
Quote:
And I'll be making at least one of those type for the infirmary.
Excellent!
Quote:
Got one of those set up now, if you want to take a look.
Tonight at home we're wrapping gifts, finishing up the last Christmas cards, and finally decorating the tree (delays, delays, and dead strings of lights kept us from doing it earlier). If we get all that done at a reasonable hour, I will do my damnedest to get onto Virtue and check things out.
Quote:
I'm thinking that an alternate location would be in the "Hanger" bay opposite the Peregrine/RWZ Tporter.
Which reminds me... one of my toons on another server just joined an SG which has something terribly convenient we ought to copy: their teleporters are in alphabetical order by zone name.
Quote:
I saw that and slapped myself in the forehead, "That's GENIUS!! Why didn't I think of that?"
Because you were busy figuring out how to get us a parquet dance floor for the nightclub, of course.
ETA: Someone ought to collect all these little base tricks and tweaks and organize them into a website that people can consult... No, Logan, I'm not hinting you should; you've got enough on your plate as it is. But someone ought to.

-- Bob
---------
I intend to be a freak for the rest of my life, and I shall baffle you with cabbages and rhinoceroses in the kitchen and incessant quotations from Now We Are Six through the mouthpiece of Lord Snooty's giant poisoned electric head. So theeeeeere....
Just a preview of the new base, from what I peeked in on while Logan was working.
[Image: 2124961045_03f6cb4007.jpg]