Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Legendary Ventrilo Server
The Legendary Ventrilo Server
Hi!
We're currently serving 25 seats of Ventrilo for The Legendary, the server information is as follows.
Server Address is: vs5.progamerhosting.com
Server IP is: 72.51.41.243
Ventrilo Port is: 6123
Normal User password is: IAmLegend
Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979
Re: The Legendary Ventrilo Server
I thought it was going to be a teamspeak server. '.'
-Morgan is a lazy bum who doesn't want to install and learn another program. '.'"Mikuru-chan molested me! I'm... so happy!"
-Haruhi, "The Ecchi of Haruhi Suzumiya"
---(Not really)
Given that Kokuten's already gone through the time, trouble, and expense(?) of setting this up, it's probably in poor form to complain now. =)
-- Acyl
vent overweighed TS in responses in the thread *shrug*
setup is dead easyWire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979
Quote:
Given that Kokuten's already gone through the time, trouble, and expense(?) of setting this up, it's probably in poor form to complain now. =)
Well, the last post in the thread said "teamspeak server will be being ordered Tuesday afternoon"...
So I'm a bit surprised by it being not a teamspeak server. '.'
-Morgan. "Mikuru-chan molested me! I'm... so happy!"
---(Not really)
Morganni,
I mistyped Teamspeak, the 'votes' in the thread indicated a preference for Ventrilo.Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979
Okay then. I was just a bit confused.
Now the question becomes, if I come on, will people be saying things I'd be embarassed to have coming out of my speakers? '.'
-Morgan. That's what we had on my linkshell's ts server. '.'"Mikuru-chan molested me! I'm... so happy!"
---(Not really)
hrm.. most likely not. So far I have to say I've heard approximately one profanity, and the fair bit of 'bad humor'
I'm not above punning, see..
-WG, doesn't speak 'headphones' at all.Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979
I'm thinking more of the sexually oriented material, really. '.'
-Morgan."Mikuru-chan molested me! I'm... so happy!"
---(Not really)
So far, no. It's been, if anything, more "geekish" stuff. Movie and comic references. Talking shop as it were.
Kinda like around here, really. ^_^-Logan
-----------------
"Wake up! Time for SCIENCE!"
-Adam Savage
-----------------

Does this still run? I FINALLY managed to get enough spare income to get a headset (yay fed for giving me money back)
There is no coincidence, only necessity....
- Clow Reed

oh WOW.

I forgot about this.. anyone else using it?

I'll probably just shut it down, given that voice chat is coming to the game.
"No can brain today. Want cheezeburger."
From NGE: Nobody Dies, by Gregg Landsman
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5579457/1/NGE_Nobody_Dies

I never got around to setting up to use it. Is it still worth it?
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Hold it, back up a sec. "Voice chat is coming to the game"?

I find myself intrigued by your ideas, sir, and would like to subscribe to your newsletter...

--sofaspud
--"Listening to your kid is the audio equivalent of a Salvador Dali painting, Spud." --OpMegs

Quote: Sofaspud wrote:

Hold it, back up a sec. "Voice chat is coming to the game"?

I find myself intrigued by your ideas, sir, and would like to subscribe to your newsletter...

Click me!
- Clow Reed

I still don't know if I should be excited or terrified that I'll never be able to walk into an Auction House again Tongue

Assuming they do add this feature, it's one that I'll almost never use. I prefer to use 3rd party programs. They generally have more options.

But - I'm not saying it's a bad idea in general.

One thing that I'd love would be to find a program or modification that pitches a voice up or down and adds effects, even as far as shifting male voice to
female and vice-versa. There's some potential for abuse or deception with such a thing, but I think it would be nice to have. Have a demon character who is
supposed to speak in a voice with a deep-throated reverb all the time? How about a robot with a slight metal edge to the voice? It could be a whole new area
of character design!

Quote: Logan Darklighter wrote:

Assuming they do add this feature, it's one that I'll almost never use. I prefer to use 3rd party programs. They generally have more options.

But - I'm not saying it's a bad idea in general.

One thing that I'd love would be to find a program or modification that pitches a voice up or down and adds effects, even as far as shifting male voice
to female and vice-versa. There's some potential for abuse or deception with such a thing, but I think it would be nice to have. Have a demon character
who is supposed to speak in a voice with a deep-throated reverb all the time? How about a robot with a slight metal edge to the voice? It could be a whole
new area of character design!

Quote: From the linked article:

Vivox will also deliver advanced features such as voice fonts, voice mail and in-and-out of game communication via
regular phones and text messages.
See bold. That'll do what you're looking for. Let me see if I can find the episode of Virgin Worlds where the host talks with the Vivox
guy about this....
- Clow Reed

"Voice fonts". That's such an evocative term, yet so weird to think about...
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

I have to admit I didn't parse it correctly.

First thought: oh, cool! Speech-to-text in game! I'll set my chat bubble to use Comic Sans, cliche, I know, but still... er, waitaminnit, that can't
be right, can it?

Second thought: ... the HELL is a voice font?

I'm wondering how it'll work, myself. I had a Transformers Optimus Prime Voice Encoder box years ago... it did a wonderful job of masking my voice --
nobody could understand ANYTHING I said through it. Too bad that wasn't the point. [Image: smile.gif]

And as with any voice chat in any online game, I'll probably use it sparingly, because it's still confusing. "Guys, over here! I'm under
attack!" "Over where?" "Over HERE!" "Dude, where are you?" "Over HER -- oh, forget it, I'm dead."

But the idea of switching your voice around IS cool, I have to admit. Hmm. I wonder how low you can tweak it? Mag Zippo, he's got himself a DEEEEEEEP
bass. [Image: smile.gif]

--sofaspud
--"Listening to your kid is the audio equivalent of a Salvador Dali painting, Spud." --OpMegs

worst case scenario, I'll tap my mic and put a voxbox inline with the audio feed from it.
"No can brain today. Want cheezeburger."
From NGE: Nobody Dies, by Gregg Landsman
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5579457/1/NGE_Nobody_Dies

I'm too lazy to hit the dev digest, but...it was confirmed a while ago.

This voice chat thing? The voice chat program will be part of the NCsoft Launcher.

The NCsoft Launcher is not required to play CoH. The CoH option on the NCsoft Launcher program is simply a shortcut for the regular updater. It's only
necessary for newer NCsoft games like Tabula Rasa or Exteel.

So technically it's not voice chat "in the game", or indeed, in any of the games. It's still a separate program.
-- Acyl