Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big COH News
Big COH News
I don't know why I'm posting this -- everyone will have gotten the email by now, just like I did. But I'm posting it anyway.
PlayNC has just acquired 100% ownership of COH/COV (it was previously split between them and Cryptic). The COH dev team (or a goodly portion of it) has moved over to PlayNC to continue updating/revising/etc. the game. Press release here.
Hopefully this won't mean much to us on the playing level, though there is always the chance a game will get horribly borked when the suits above it change.
Anyway, more interesting, I think, is the other news the email held. To wit, the following are coming at or about the same time as Issue 11:
1. Full access to both sides for everyone. No more having to buy each game separately.
2. Debt wipe. Sometime after the release of Issue 11, all debt will be "forgiven", allowing everyone to start with a blank slate.
3. Supergroups will get 20,000 prestige for each member they have -- yes, that's 3 million prestige for a full group.
Okay, discuss. -- Bob
---------
One of the primary differences between the Left and the Right is their attitude toward the Future. The Radical wants the Future to have gotten here yesterday. The Reactionary wants the Future quietly shot and the corpse buried where no one can find it.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Re: Big COH News
I have three accounts willing to bend to my wishes and signup for The Legendary.
win lose or fail?
Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979
My only concern is that they'll make us use that POS NCSoft Launcher App.
God I hate that thing.--
Christopher Angel, aka JPublic
The Works of Christopher Angel
"Camaraderie, adventure, and steel on steel. The stuff of legend! Right, Boo?"
Quote:
win lose or fail?
It may just be that my head is still fuzzy from being sick, but I don't quite understand the question.-- Bob
---------
One of the primary differences between the Left and the Right is their attitude toward the Future. The Radical wants the Future to have gotten here yesterday. The Reactionary wants the Future quietly shot and the corpse buried where no one can find it.
-- Bob
---------
Looking for an appropriate SG invite, to leverage that 20k bonus prestige per character.
Turns out the Legendary itself is full... Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979
Hopefully they'll offer the SG size boost *before* the prestige bonus.--
Christopher Angel, aka JPublic
The Works of Christopher Angel
"Camaraderie, adventure, and steel on steel. The stuff of legend! Right, Boo?"
Quote:
My only concern is that they'll make us use that POS NCSoft Launcher App.
For what it's worth, there is a "City of Heroes/Villains" slot in the "PlayNC Launcher" app installed by Tabula Rasa.
Since TR was only released a few days ago, I haven't yet used the launcher long enough to have an opinion of it beyond "what's the point?"
I think they added the CoH and CoH-Test buttons there to serve as a single platform through which you can access all their games. I know The PlayNC launcher updated for Tabula Rasa during the beta, so perhaps they might extend that to CoH. I don't especially have any reason to dislike the launcher except it is a bit redundant, all it does is call CoHLauncher.exe right now.[Image: smalldarksideoc5.png]
---

The Master said: "It is all in vain! I have never yet seen a man who can perceive his own faults and bring the charge home against himself."

>Analects: Book V, Chaper XXVI
The announcement for the Prestige gift specifically says that the gift is going to come after I11 goes live, and that they're going to give us warning so we can recruit. (Mighty nice o' them, too) [Image: tongue.gif]
Global: @Jimmy Amp
"Broad-minded is just another way of saying a fellow's too lazy to form an opinion." -- Will Rogers
Quote:
(Mighty nice o' them, too)
Indeed it is! I have a few more heroes over on Virtue who would happily join the Legendary just long enough to get the bonus.
Assuming I have a working system by then... -- Bob
---------
-- Bob
---------
Hey, I don't think we'll have any issue stuffing the roster if we're just doing it for the prestige boost. Personally... I've got a full list of characters on Virtue... and no supergroup currently, besides the Legendary. I had a couple alts in an SG run by old friends, but they, ehhehehehe, idle-kicked me. =)
(no, seriously, all things being equal, they needed the space and I don't play that much. This may change things though)
-- Acyl