Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mission suggestions and/or assistance?
Mission suggestions and/or assistance?
Katy Kaboom is not a happy camper. See, there's this fortune teller in Perez Park that needs rescuing, but Katy can't seem to reach her. She's tried many times now, but inevitably ends up getting lost in the maze of twisty little passages, all alike.
And then the bad guys gang up on her and she wakes up in the hospital.
So... anybody who can offer suggestions (like, which entrance leads to the fortune teller would be nice [Image: smile.gif] ), or if someone wants to assist, it would be much appreciated.
(I'm tired of dirt-naps, dammit!)

--sofaspud
--"Listening to your kid is the audio equivalent of a Salvador Dali painting, Spud." --OpMegs
Re: Mission suggestions and/or assistance?
Well, Yukiyo already has the badge, but I doubt you'll have trouble finding help for that mission, the badge it gives is needed for the Atlas Medallion and the mission is just rare enough that you sometime see people beg for it in broadcast.
You may be right, but my efforts on Broadcast in Perez Park haven't been successful. Best offer I've got was from a level 8 tanker who admitted he was too low-level but wanted to tag along for the experience.
Be that as it may, I'm pretty sure I can solo it if I can just FIND the right place. Do you remember which entrance to the woods I'm supposed to use? I can't seem to get closer than about 100 yards to the waypoint; if I could just *get* there I'm pretty sure I can complete it, but running around in the woods (with the constant fighting that entails) is killing me.

--sofaspud
--"Listening to your kid is the audio equivalent of a Salvador Dali painting, Spud." --OpMegs
Mmm... can you fly? If not, that might be a reason, Perez Park is easier to navigate if you can look at where you want to go from above. If not,then I'm willing to attempt to guide you there or, at least, since Yukiyo is level 28, make sure you get there safely. I can't do so until Sunday though.
On the other hand, as was said before, there are those that would be willing to guide and find the door, just to get that particular badge.
Would you mid such a trade?Without a word...
Not at all, though I must admit I'm not exactly sure what you mean by 'trade'. I'm pretty much a noob in CoH; I'm still learning some of the ins and outs on how stuff works. Do I have to do something special to make the 'trade' work?

--sofaspud
Ok, the trade is that this mission gives a badge, Spelunker, as reward for being part of the group completing the mission. That badge is needed for the Atlas Medallion, a mix of badges that give a permanent boost to endurance.
Not everyone get's that missions, and it cannot be received at later levels, so many people find themselves needing it later in the game.
As such, your part of the trade is simply to allow him/them to do the mission with you. And for the possibility of getting the Atlas Medallion, exemplaring and giving some time, help and advice is a very good trade for pretty much everyone.
Huh. Well, hey, if anyone wants the badge, I'm more than willing to, er, lead the charge. Or whatever it is I have to do. [Image: smile.gif]
Is there anyone who wants the badge? I'm cool with scheduling a run. I'll be on quite a bit this weekend...

--sofaspud
*coughcough*vidiotmaps.comMapPackdownloads*coughcough*[Image: faveosig.jpg]
Generally speaking, you'll usually be able to find at least one higher-level perfect stranger who needs the Spelunker badge, from the Fortuneteller mission, at any one time.
The trick is... you need to ask in the right places. Don't ask in Perez. Go to Steel Canyon - it's a hub zone, and a lot of higher level people pass through it due to the University, Wentworth's, and Icon.
I've always been able to get help from about two or three strangers who needed the badge. Granted, bringing so many unexemplared higher-level folk into a mission totally destroys your experience gain... but I usually offer my Spelunker missions for charity, anyway. Plus, you'll find a lot of folks are willing to give you influence for your trouble, especially if you're nice about it.
("Everyone got the badge? Cool. Okay, influence tips will be appreciated, but not required, thanks!" =)
-- Acyl
By the way, I'd like to thank everyone who joined me on this run on... Sunday, I think it was? I stupidly didn't think to start logging anything, and I can't remember names (arrgh!)
So, if you went with Katy Kaboom into the depths of Perez Park to find the missing fortune teller, thanks very much for the fun times and the assistance! Katy (and I) both very much appreciate it!

--sofaspud
Not a problem at all. I (and Reyshal) are always willing to help out a friend in need.Without a word...
I'm sure I have someone in the right level range (what level is it again?), assuming I don't get waylaid by something unexpected on Sunday.
ETA: I obviously didn't follow this thread far enough along... Never mind!

-- Bob
---------
The Internet Is For Norns.
Hi Sofaspud! ^_^
It was Lt. Psychokinetix's pleasure to assist. That's what P.S.I. is for, after all. Thumping the CoT was an added bonus. [Image: happy.gif]
Regards,
Bert V.V.
skyknight@sentex.net