Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AAARrrrGGGHHH!!! >_<
AAARrrrGGGHHH!!! >_<
G'day folks!
Oooohh, I'm *not* in a pleasant frame of mind tonight...
I just got issue #19 of the CoH comic in the mail (Yes, I still get the print edition - I know the cover artist personally, so I'm viewing it as supporting him. ^_^ ), and I am NOT a happy camper.
The issue ends with what looks like a Ritki-fied 'Hero1' delivering a typical 'surrender or die' ultimatum after pretty much all of the Freedom Phalanx has been taken out. Since issue #20 is the last issue, all I can say is, they had DAMN well better NOT kill Sister Psyche or I will be....angry.
[Image: mad.gif]:">
And they won't like me when I'm angry. [Image: mad.gif]:">
Grrrrr.....
Bert V.V.
skyknight@sentex.net
Re: AAARrrrGGGHHH!!! >_<
Bert, you do know that Sister Psyche is a senior citizen, right?
(At least according to the Freedom Phalanx novel, that is -- she was in her 50s in 1986 or thereabouts...)
(Well, yeah, she's got some kind of altered aging, so yeah, she's still a voluptuous redhead at age 70-plus, but it's just the principle of the thing...)

-- Bob
---------
The Internet Is For Norns.
Re: AAARrrrGGGHHH!!! >_<
Hi Bob! [Image: smile.gif]
Yes, I am aware of the technicalities regarding Psyche's age. [Image: eyes.gif]
In all the bio-related stuff I've been able to find on the internet (and yes, I have the Freedom Phalanx book too), there is apparently a question as to whether or not Psyche's still in her original body.
The comic book states that her own body doesn't age while she's 'mind riding', but she was only in a coma and cohabitating with Aurora Borealis for a few years after the Rikti war. For her to look like she does now, she'd have to have been out of her own body for quite some time, and there's no mention of extended stays with anybody else anywhere. Which kind of does lead to the question of whether or not that IS her original body or not....but let's not get into that. Tongue
Anyhow, I find her an interesting character, and I think it would be interesting to explore her personality further. The fact that she's a gorgeous redhead isn't the only attraction...I like her for her mind, too! (And so does MechaDeuce...) [Image: wink.gif]
Later!
Bert V.V.
skyknight@sentex.net