Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I wants one!
I wants one!
So after seeing this lovely picture on SkyKnight's (Bert's) websight
www.bgcrisis.com/
I wants one!
Featuring my toons of course. :-) So where do I start looking for artists that do fanart? I've found mmoart.com but that would be $300 a picture - for what I'd like anyway, $350 Canadian at current exchange rate. A little steep for me right now.
Any ideas would be apreciated. Many thanks. -Cindy
Re: I wants one!
I've always wished I could draw, so that I could do things featuring my characters.
If we ever get the webpage up, we could do a request for artists.--
Christopher Angel, aka JPublic
The Works of Christopher Angel
"Camaraderie, adventure, and steel on steel. The stuff of legend! Right, Boo?"
Artwork (Was Re: I wants one!)
Hi again folks! [Image: smile.gif]
I noticed Cindy's post about my new artwork, and the prices off MMOART.com. Based on my personal experience with artwork and artists over the last two years, those prices aren't really out of line with what professional comic book artists usually ask for.
This is why I tend to commission my stuff at conventions - most artists have a convention rate that's a bit cheaper than 'standard'. [Image: smile.gif]
I have created an online gallery of my CoH artwork (all of it), and it can be found at:
www.bgcrisis.com/artwork/index.html
Of the four artists I've got showcased, David Nakayama is currently working on stuff for Marvel and Top Cow, but is very friendly and approachable if you have a question. Because he's working full-time on bona fide comic books, he's constrained in his available time - that's why I was so thrilled when he was able to fit in my commission request. [Image: glasses.gif]
Jeff and Phil Moy are also very, very good, and they do colour work, as you can see in my gallery. They both have day jobs, so again, they're fitting in commission requests when they can manage it. Pencil sketches are the most reasonably priced, with the cost usually being per character in the picture. Adding ink and colour drives up the price, of course.
Denise Jones is a very talented artist and a good friend, but she's not into superhero stuff as much as the previous three folks mentioned. If you want fantasy stuff though, she's the one to see. [Image: smile.gif] (She may not be accepting commissions right now though - you'd have to ask. )
There's one final option that may be available in the future, although I hesitate to mention this out in the open....
I recently took steps to get back into drawing again, with my eventual goal being able to turn out my own comic-book level artwork. I think I made some decent progress so far, but it'll be next year sometime before I'd even think about entertaining requests for character pictures. This is a link to a final project I did for a recent class of mine:
www.bgcrisis.com/siege/ColourTheory.html
I think you can see where I'm angling for with this. It's just going to take some time to get there. [Image: smile.gif]
Regards,
Bert Van Vliet
skyknight@sentex.net