Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Full up again!
Full up again!
The legendary is Full Up again. As per an earlier message, I kicked Frankie Fallout so we have 1 space. And I have removed Fae Wree Tail. She now runs Cross Roads - The Legendary - Beta Team. It's avaialble for Alts.
Should we be changing the 120 days to something shorter? Should we be restricting the number of toons a person has in The Legendary? Is there an easy way to solve this? I realize there is talk of the 75 aqccounts in stead of toons thing, but is there a date for it?
Anyway, Beta Team is available. All I wanted to say. Next time one of the Triumverate is on we should talk coalition.

-Cindy
Dropping out
Go ahead and give Skrymir the boot - with class and work, I've not had the time, and it's unlikely to open anywhere in the near future.
RMH
Re: Dropping out
If they are gone 60 days without notice, I would boot em If I were you.
Nah
We have the 120 rule for that. Otherwise "the Three" need to have a meeting to discuss.
In the epic rage of furious thunder
legends create their tales
when the twilight calls and the dark lord falls
our glory will prevail

[Image: strikersetcfinal9_th.jpg]
our glory will prevail

Re: Nah
right I realize that. Lovely just asked our opinons.
So I gave mine.
I think I'll remove Dr. Banzai. I like the idea of occasionally running around with him. But he's a joke character, to be honest. And - he REALLY needs to start his OWN group, y'know! (With Members like Reno, Rawhide, Perfect Tommy, The New Jersey Kid, etc... ^_^ ) The Hong Kong Cavaliers is probably already taken though, or not allowed. ^^;;
-Logan
-----------------
"This kind of thing tends invariably to devolve into the kind of "No, Nakajima, THIS is true power!!" argument that only really works if you're yelling it from the cockpit of a giant robot . . ."
-----------------
It's always safe to ask the devs. Or create the group, and if you get hit with the rename hammer you can always modify.--
Christopher Angel, aka JPublic
The Works of Christopher Angel
"Camaraderie, adventure, and steel on steel. The stuff of legend! Right, Boo?"
Re: Full up again!
I should probably have Chisarin join beta, in case I feel like playing her again.
And then there's Mirami, who I'd still like to have in the same sg as Alexis for background reasons... bleh. I wish they'd just put in whatever will allow more people per sg already.
-Morgan."I have no interest in ordinary humans. If there are any aliens, time travelers, or espers here, come sleep with me."
---From "The Ecchi of Haruhi Suzumiya"
-----(Not really)
Look for Fae Wree Tail or Felspar. Or catch me as Minuet Mac Hine and I can switch over to one of the those two to invite.
Everyone has invite priv in Beta - I think.....Now I have to go check.....
But I agree with you Morganni,
Quote:
bleh. I wish they'd just put in whatever will allow more people per sg already.
-Cindy
Everyone agrees with that. My SG over on Infinity, Saint Joseph's School would be in the top 15 if we could.When engaging, nothing beats a full frontal.
our glory will prevail

our glory will prevail

Quote:
I think I'll remove Dr. Banzai. I like the idea of occasionally running around with him. But he's a joke character, to be honest. And - he REALLY needs to start his OWN group, y'know! (With Members like Reno, Rawhide, Perfect Tommy, The New Jersey Kid, etc... ^_^ ) The Hong Kong Cavaliers is probably already taken though, or not allowed. ^^;;
And here I thought Dr Banzai was a reference to the character in Battletech: The mysterious, never-seen founder and leader of Team Banzai, the elite mercenary Mech regiment.
Global: @Jimmy Amp
"Broad-minded is just another way of saying a fellow's too lazy to form an opinion." -- Will Rogers
Quote:
And here I thought Dr Banzai was a reference to the character in Battletech: The mysterious, never-seen founder and leader of Team Banzai, the elite mercenary Mech regiment.
I have no words. You have boggled me. Ebony the Black Dragon
Senior Editor, Living Room Games
http://www.lrgames.com
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."
Wow, I completely forgot about Team Banzai. Didn't they work for House Davion?
--
Christopher Angel, aka JPublic
The Works of Christopher Angel
"Camaraderie, adventure, and steel on steel. The stuff of legend! Right, Boo?"
Yes, they did! Dr Banzai taught at the New Avalon Institute of Science, along with all the other members of the regiment. How's that for a tough bunch of college professors?
Dr Banzai was a really blatant reference to Buckaroo Banzai anyway. He was referred to as "Dr B. Banzai" in a few places. [Image: tongue.gif]
In fact, I found this article with two interesting references in it while I was looking for Team Banzai stuff:
www.answers.com/topic/the-adventures-of ... -dimension
--The computer game City of Heroes contains a reference to the oscillation overthruster. In the game, it is an item that can be used by Science and Technology based heroes to increase the intangibility duration of their powers.
--The mercenary unit Team Banzai, led by the enigmatic Dr. Buckaroo Banzai, appears in the fictional Battletech Universe. Team Banzai first appeared in the House Davion Handbook (Published by FASA in 1988 ISBN1-55560-035-2) as an Elite mercenary Battlemech Regiment under contract to the Federated Suns. Further references appear throughout the Battletech Universe canon. Team Banzai is listed as comprising three Battalions: the Hong Kong Cavaliers, the Radar Rangers, and the Blue Blazers. Characters noted as belonging to Team Banzai, besides the unit's leader, Dr Banzai include Perfect Tommy, Reno Nevada, & Rawhide. The unit travels between planets on a Jumpship named "The Nth Dimension". It is rumored that this is due to FASA having the rights to a Buckaroo Banzai Role-Playing Game based on the movie, its proposed sequels, and a TV show that failed to materialize. With a lack of interest, the company decided to sneak the content into the Battletech backstory.
In the basic Battletech set, the back-to-back double-B's of the Team Banzai insignia was used as a generic unit insignia.
The article did get the first name part wrong (the Battletech books never called him Buckaroo), but other than that, they're right on. I pulled out my old House Davion book to check.

"Broad-minded is just another way of saying a fellow's too lazy to form an opinion." -- Will Rogers
Quote:
I have no words. You have boggled me.

I've been playing Battletech for a very long time. [Image: tongue.gif]
Back to the original topic
I managed to get on as Eva very briefly late one night last week and kicked three members, including two who had a combined Prestige total of 18. If we need more room for anyone new, give a yell. However, please note that we have an inactive Level 50 at the bottom of the roster when sorted by last time online -- please do not delete this character; pick someone else.
-- Bob
---------
...The President is on the line
As ninety-nine crab rangoons go by...