Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possible SG event?
Possible SG event?
Abandoned Sewer Trial
This is a different thing, since many folks don't even know it's available. Wide is of an appropriate level to start it, and Min, if still at 42, is at about the max. the other Trials are Cavern of Transcendance and the Eden Spires....
IIRC, the Sewer Trial gives a dual-effect Enhancement as a reward.
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll
When?
Perhaps Sunday night.
I will bring Bella along for firepower.
Re: Possible SG event?
Evangelia's at 33 -- is that too low a level for this?
-- Bob
---------
...The President is on the line
As ninety-nine crab rangoons go by...
I second the motion for Sunday. o_o/ That's good for me...and Bob, I think?
(Edit: See Mekadave's post about the level range. Hm. That may be a problem. Anyway...)
It requires a team of six or more to start.
I've done this twice on Syndesis, and it's an extremely fun trial...if everything goes smoothly.
It's exceedingly difficult if things, well, don't.
The trial starts off with a hunt mission. Kill 150 Rikti in the abandoned sewers. This isn't as bad as it sounds. It goes quickly enough, and the entrance to the trial is in the middle of the abandoned sewers anyway.
Once you've done that, you get the actual trial mission... which is on a timer. 1 hr 30 min.
And that's both good and bad. Good, in that this ain't a trial that drags on forever. Bad, in the sense that you have to hustle.
It's possible to go straight to the bottom... but there's a few glowies along the way that must be collected. You need the temp power weapons to actually damage the Hydra.
Obviously, an Illusion Controller with group invisibility is a major boon in doing this mission. I've never tried it without one.
As a side note...the temp power weapons are best used by blasters and scrappers - the damage does scale according to your AT.
Superball would probably benefit more from doing the trial...experience and the dual-effect enhancement...but I suspect I'll need to bring Syndesis instead, to provide another character at max level...and 'cause she's more suited for this situation than Supes is. This mission is, as I said, very difficult.
But fun as hell.
-- Acyl
Heh, I think I did this about 20 times when it was the big XP farm.--
Christopher Angel, aka JPublic
The Works of Christopher Angel
"Camaraderie, adventure, and steel on steel. The stuff of legend! Right, Boo?"
That page says 32-42, but you have to be lvl 36 to even access the Abandoned Sewer Network. The Trial is actually lvl 38-40, though you can exemp down.
It's a tough trial, with tons of lvl 42 Rikti. I tried it once, and it was HARSH. You have to take down 4 Rikti force field generators simultaneously after killing the Rikti that guard them, then use the special weapons that you acquire on the way down the vertical map on the Hydra (3 Thermite cannons for the tentacles, 1 Plasma cannon for the Head). Rikti respawn frequently, with lots of mini-Krakens. The generators will respawn at least once and you'll get ambushed by Rikti when that happens.
Needless to say, you don't want to try it with a lot of sidekicks. Just not strong enough. My team failed miserably. Of course, with 4 sidekicks and several people not being 'team players', if you know what I mean, we were kind of doomed from the start.
Global: @Jimmy Amp
"Broad-minded is just another way of saying a fellow's too lazy to form an opinion." -- Will Rogers
Quote:
That page says 32-42, but you have to be lvl 36 to even access the Abandoned Sewer Network.
You may be right. If true, this is a problem. Hm.
Quote:
(3 Thermite cannons for the tentacles, 1 Plasma cannon for the Head).
There's definitely more than just one cannon for the head...unless they've changed things since I last ran the trial. I'm pretty sure, 'cause...
Blaster: "Dear God, am I the ONLY one who has a plasma cannon? Can SOMEONE go back and get another?"
Team: "Ummm..."
Blaster: *sigh* "Is there anyone who can go back up there safely?"
Me: *flicking on SS and SJ* "Going."
With two of us shooting, we finished the trial...but only with like, two minutes left on the clock.
And that was a trial where we had a controller actually capable of confusing the Krakens. Pre-ED, don'tchaknow. =P
Nonetheless, I honestly think it's worth an attempt...if we can muster enough firepower.
Even if you're right about the level lock on the Abandoned Sewers...we still have a tank - Wide. We have a blaster - Bella. We have a defender - Min. We have a scrapper - Syn (or Superball, but I'd probably use Syn).
That leaves us two slots to reach the minimum. A controller would be good.
Push come to shove, mind, there's always recruiting on the VirtueUnited global channel...I find, for the purposes of assembling TF and Trial teams, the folks there tend to be reasonably non-idiotic. [Image: wink.gif]
-- Acyl
Actually, I know why I thought there were only 3 and 1 of the temp powers, my memory is now refreshed. Our team only had 4 characters with the temp powers because the rest were out of the level range. At the time, if you were exemped from beyond the level range of the trial, you couldn't get a temp power cannon. Don't know if that's still the case.
"Broad-minded is just another way of saying a fellow's too lazy to form an opinion." -- Will Rogers
NoFuture Info on Hydra Trial
Trial
Hm. Sunday evening is bad for me, since I'm working 4pm to 11pm, Eastern....
but, as the trial is a 90 minute timer, I can qualify Wide for it first... that 150 Rikti hunt in the Sewers....
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat

-- James Nicoll
Quote:
I second the motion for Sunday. o_o/ That's good for me...and Bob, I think?
At the moment, yes, it looks likely to be good. That may change.
What level range is this trial for?
-- Bob
---------
Actually, all things considered...given the steep level range for the trial, the difficulty, and...well, general weirdness, I dunno if we could pull this off on the weekend. At least not this weekend.
I'm having trouble tracking down exactly what IS the level range for the trial. I mean, my usual info sources are sayin' different things. >_<
But if we use the most pessimistic number, then it's 38-40. And that...isn't good.
And as Foxboy noted, he's working Sunday afternoon/night.
But I dunno.
-- Acyl
Too high for Eva, then.
-- Bob
---------
Vidiotmaps of the Abandoned Sewer Network
Up there at the top: Minimum Security Level: 36
[Image: ohwell.gif]
I remember once trying to get into the ASN when my blaster was 35. Wouldn't let me in.

Then I suggest, in deference to our mighty leader...that, assuming he does indeed have free time this weekend, we place our first priority in some other event. =)
Because, unfortunately, given the level range of the Sewer Trial...that's more of an exclusive rather than inclusive activity. Mph.
We'll figure out somethin'. =)
-- Acyl
Well, I've got Shining Binary up to level 8, and ToTing seems to get good chunks of exp. I've been wanting to do the Positron TF with him in the near future. (Task Force Commander has made getting all the TFs done a goal on all my characters)
I doubt I'll have him ready this weekend with all the other toons I need to badge up in the Event, but I'm working on it.
Task Forces
Bella missed many of the task forces - and I would be happy to help with earlier ones.
Shayne
Hey
If I don't work on sunday, you've got Shizuru. Give me one good door mission and I'll be lvl 38.
In the epic rage of furious thunder
legends create their tales
when the twilight calls and the dark lord falls
our glory will prevail

[Image: strikersetcfinal9_th.jpg]
In the epic rage of furious thunder
legends create their tales
when the twilight calls and the dark lord falls
our glory will prevail

[Image: strikersetcfinal9_th.jpg]
Re: Hey
Lora'Lai would like to do some of the lower level task forces as well.
My Villain characters (Mechanon, Khroenen, and Duke of Iron over on Infinity) have not doen ANY of the strike forces. In fact, I have NEVER doen a Strike Force yet on the villain side.
-Logan
-----------------
"This kind of thing tends invariably to devolve into the kind of "No, Nakajima, THIS is true power!!" argument that only really works if you're yelling it from the cockpit of a giant robot . . ."
-----------------
Re: Hey
I'm up for anything that Evangelia can qualify for.
-- Bob
---------
Sewer Miission Possible Date
O.K. How about Wednesday Nov 1 for the Abandoned Sewer Mission excitement on Virtue?
We would need 6. I can vouch for Min and possibly Bella. Any other takers? Start time to be determined.
-Cindy
Re: Sewer Miission Possible Date
I'm pretty sure the Paladrone can make that [Image: smile.gif] --
I am the Borg-again Christian. Resistance to my sermon is futile. You will be baptized. Your dogma is irrelevant.
--
If you become a monster to put down a monster you've still got a monster running around at the end of the day and have as such not really solved the whole monster problem at all. 
Re: Sewer Miission Possible Date
I can make it, if we don't start too late...'cause I'm in London, and thus, y'know, a few hours ahead of the US players. I don't need to get up early, luckily, but I still do need to get up. =)
Thankfully, it's a short trial, succeed or fail.
I'd prefer a start time around 6-7 pm Eastern or so. In fact, earlier would be better, but I imagine before that would be tough for most folks.
I can swing later. After 7 pm Eastern, that's fine. Earlier is just my preference.
-- Acyl
ok
Wednesday should be fine. and I'll be around from about 4 pm eastern standard time.

-- James Nicoll
Re: ok
I might be available, depending on Peggy's overtime schedule.
-- Bob
---------