Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trick or Treat
Trick or Treat
So.
Halloween event starts tomorrow.
Can we discuss trick-or-treat groups? =)
Seriously...I read the Legendary global channel MoTD - and it says there's a tentative SG trick-or-treat session Sunday on Infinity (edited after Foxboy's comment)
At least, I think that's what it said. I'll edit this post if I got it wrong.
Buuut...well, that's no good for me. The time's not right, and the characters I really want the reward (ie, extra costume slot) for are over on Virtue. Soooo...anyone game for that?
So...if folks are doing Infinity on Saturday...then...
Virtue server, Friday evening, maybe? The earlier the better, for me, but I'll still be good if we start around 6-7pm Eastern. I'm thinking heroside, but red is fine too.
I've got Syndesis (50), Superball (38 ) , and Space Mage (26) heroside, plus Obsolete (29) and Coordinator (20) for the villains.
Mind, 's not a hugely pressing issue, since I figure it's gonna be easy to find pick-up-groups for this, and the event'll be running for a while anyway...but it'd still be cool to get together.
-- Acyl
MOTD
Was mainly aimed at gettign Infinity together Sunday during the day.
I figure that we're on enough regularly that Virtue will take care of itself....
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll
Re: MOTD
Quote:
I figure that we're on enough regularly that Virtue will take care of itself....
Zis eez troo, but it never hurts to be suuuuure. o_o/
Besides, I figure we could, y'know, codify any other plans in this thread. There were talks of scheduled parties and such closer to the actual 'ween date.
-- Acyl
Re: MOTD
I'm gonna be working on teams for this whenever I'm on. My goal is to get the badges on every toon possible.
FYI: The new badge for the event this time around is for 20 Unseelies. They only spawn with the event version of Eochai.
Global: @Jimmy Amp
"Broad-minded is just another way of saying a fellow's too lazy to form an opinion." -- Will Rogers
Friday Trick or Treat
I'll be around on Friday for Trick or Treating purposes! :-)
'Course, I'll also be around Wednesday and Thursday for Trick or Treating purposes as well. :-)
Acyl I'd love to go Trick or Treating with you. You can go up to the really scary houses alone though. I'll stay on the sidewalk. :-) Oh, I have dibs on the little caramel squares, you can have all my bags of potato chips in exchange. :-)
-Cindy
Re: Friday Trick or Treat
Hmmmm... is there an advantage for doing this in a group?
(Well, probably helps with the badge, but I don't care about that so much for anyone except Eri.)
-Morgan."I have no interest in ordinary humans. If there are any aliens, time travelers, or espers here, come sleep with me."
---From "The Ecchi of Haruhi Suzumiya"
-----(Not really)
Re: Trick or Treat
Can someone please, in the name of all that is merciful, finally explain what the heck is happening and how it's supposed to work? Because, y'know, as far as I can tell everyone from Cryptic on down has been assuming that people were around the last time it was done and so there's no one who possibly not understand what on earth we're supposed to do.
Ja, -n
(Why, yes, I am a tad frustrated by all this.)

===============================================
"Puripuri puripuri... Bang!"
(raises hand) What he said.
--Sam
"How the hell did I do that?"
Okay.
Here's how it works - based largely on my memories from two years ago, so correct me if I'm inaccurate.
What you need to do is get to a zone appropriate for your level - ie, if you're level 24, go to Talos Island, if you're level 10, go to King's Row, and so on. Some of the high-level zones...like the Hive, Recluse's Victory, parts of the Shadow Shard...don't work for this, but most of the game's cool.
Yes, I believe you can sidekick/exemplar per normal.
Anyway. What you then do is find a door. Any door. Any clickable entrance-type thingy. Click it.
When you do, you either get a Trick or a Treat - you'll know which, a big message will flash on your screen.
Treats are little rewards like inspirations and such. There's also a temp power: rock. Yeap. A rock. It's a Peanuts homage. But what we're really after this year...are the special salvage items that drop as treats. If you get a full set of 'em - three, I think - you can exchange them in Croatoa or Nerva to unlock an extra costume slot.
Tricks...trigger a spawn of halloween-themed enemies. They pop out of the doors. There's badges for defeating a certain number of each type. Hunter, Slayer, and so on.
Each player can only click a door every 30 seconds. There's a timer.
Now, should you group for Trick or Treating? No, you don't have to, really. But if you're on a team, you'll earn the kill badges faster, since you can have constantly staggered waves of enemies and such.
The Halloween event also has a special Eochai giant monster spawn - the big pumpkinhead turns up in most city zones. Defeating one gives a badge. This year, they'll be accompanied by Unseelie mobs...which give yet another kill badge. I've heard some talk that Jack in Irons might be out there as well, but I ain't sure.
And that's it, I think.
-- Acyl
ToT
Yes. JAck in Irons does spawn.
The kill badges for ToT ARE different than the Croatoa/Council ones, as are the GM badges. The GM's will spawn in EVERY ZONE, and they are surrounded by a Halloween mob that doesn't appear at the doors, the Unseelie. (which also have an associated Kill badge)
As of this writing Halloween goes live in 49 minutes.
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll
Re: ToT
The devs did mention at one point that the lvl 50 ToT zones were Peregrine, the Rikti Crash Site, and the Shadow Shard.
There are 4 pieces of salvage that you need to unlock the 5th costume slot: Statesman Mask, Lord Recluse Mask, Back Alley Brawler Gloves, and a Hamidon Costume. Once you have one of each, you can go to either Annah in Croatoa (directly SE of the Green Line) or Granny Belden in Nerva (on the small island that the Nerva SG base telepad sends you to. If you use the TP to Nerva, turn around and Granny is staring at you).
All of the previous Halloween badges will be active again. Only the Unseelie badge is new, and it needs 20 kills to get (about 3 or 4 would spawn with Eochai on Test).
It's probably better to team, I would say. That way, a teammate can click a door while your timer is working, and you can move a lot faster. The prime spots will be warehouses with more than one door next to each other. The door's timer and the character's timer are separate. I've seen a few warehouses around with 4 doors side by side. DIBS!
On Test, I got a full set of salvage in about 90 minutes by myself.
"Broad-minded is just another way of saying a fellow's too lazy to form an opinion." -- Will Rogers
Can I just say this is *so* going to suck?
Look, I've got a full 12 characters on Freedom (11 active), 4 on Infinity (2 active), 2 on Triumph (both active), and 2 on Virtue (both active).

I'd like to get the costume slots on all of the active ones. I estimate it'll take me about 20 years.
--
Christopher Angel, aka JPublic
The Works of Christopher Angel
[Image: Con.gif]
Alt-Itis
And Alt-itis claims another victim.
Shayne
Re: Alt-Itis
You have about a 1 in 3 chance of getting a piece of salvage, and you can trade doubles for what you need. I suggest that if anyone winds up with extra salvage while collecting the badges that they toss it into the bins.--
I am the Borg-again Christian. Resistance to my sermon is futile. You will be baptized. Your dogma is irrelevant.
--
If you become a monster to put down a monster you've still got a monster running around at the end of the day and have as such not really solved the whole monster problem at all. 
Quote:
"Can I just say this is *so* going to suck?"

I feel your pain. I have more characters than that, and I want the costume AND the badges on all of them. "Hi, I'm Dave, and I'm an altoholic."

Yeah. I've essentially given up on getting the costume slot and badges for all my characters.
So I'm just gonna concentrate on getting costumes for my seven or eight most active alts.
And I'm only getting badges for two heroes and one villain - Syndesis, Superball, and Obsolete. Syn already has most of the badges from 2004, so that'll be easy.
If I have any time left after that...then I'll pick up costume slots for my lesser-played characters.
-- Acyl
*drums fingers*
Come ON, clock, hurry up and be time to go home! I have trick-or-treating to do!
(Geez, I sound like I did when I was 10. [Image: tongue.gif] )
Trick or Treat? Count me in.
I'm going to see if I can't get the costume slots for Naoko and Hiroko, and maybe for Yuko of the Radiance. I'm not so concerned about the badges, to be honest.
(Insert tired, over-used joke here. You know which one.)
So yeah. I should certainly be around on Sunday, and I'll likely be around for some of either Friday or Saturday, depending on how things work out. And /next/ week will be fun, because I work closing shifts all week! Let's hear it for being able to play during the day!
Re: Trick or Treat? Count me in.
I honestly don't know how I'm going to handle this. I'll have to see.
Tonight is probably a PS2 night for me anyway, so I'll have a day to decide. Valkyrie Profile 2 is calling me.--
"Camaraderie, adventure, and steel on steel. The stuff of legend! Right, Boo?"
Noooo!!! Resist the power of the console! Come to Paragon and acquire badges and salvage!
The power of the shiny badge compels you!
This is a message for Evangelia,
Eva, if you don't have the time to actively hunt for your salvage, I am holding a complete set in reserve for you.
Just doing my part,
Shizuru
When engaging, nothing beats a full frontal.
In the epic rage of furious thunder
legends create their tales
when the twilight calls and the dark lord falls
our glory will prevail

[Image: strikersetcfinal9_th.jpg]
In the epic rage of furious thunder
legends create their tales
when the twilight calls and the dark lord falls
our glory will prevail

[Image: strikersetcfinal9_th.jpg]
As of this post, I've unlocked the extra costume slot for all my characters in the Virtue Legendary.
After talking with Foxboy and Rev Dark, I went and banked my surplus in the base salvage bin - and I'll be continuing to do so as I work on the kill badges. I was kinda short on Hamidon costumes, but there should be a couple there, along with several of the other pieces.
They're there if anyone needs 'em - feel free to grab 'em, just make sure to leave your own extras. Sounds like a good plan, no? o_o/
On that subject, I give you Cap Au Diable broadcast chat.
Quote:
[Broadcast]Hushabye: Statesman Mask offered for 100k : )
[Broadcast]Advanced Spartan: selling statesmen mask!
[Broadcast]Hot Witch: grow up
[Broadcast]Alexi Kovistrov: hahahah
[Broadcast]Hot Witch: dime a dozen
[Broadcast]Coordinator: (No, no, you gotta do it with -style-. Like...SALE! ONE DAY ONLY! Special limited edition STATESMAN'S MASK! Normally 200k inf, now yours for only 100k! And if you order now, you'll also receive ABSOLUTELY FREE, a Back Alley Brawler Gloves worth 50k!)
[Broadcast]Coordinator: (Order now. Operators are standing by.)
[Broadcast]Coordinator: (That's how you do it.)
[Broadcast]Hushabye: LOL
[Broadcast]Hushabye: Can I throw in Ginsu knives?
[Broadcast]Coordinator: (Only if you're Natural origin, Hushabye.)
[Broadcast]Longbow Rogue Agent: But wait! There's more! if you order now it comes with an exclusive terrycloth bathrobe with your initials embroidered on it, for FREE!
[Broadcast]Mancreature: ((Does that come with free shipping, Coordinator?
[Broadcast]Coordinator: (Well, I have TP...)
-- Acyl
Wow. Easier than advertised.
I think even those of us with acut alt-itis won't have too hard a time getting at least the slots for our characters. I did two last night without any problems.
This is a seriously sweet event.
Costume
Well, I played for a couple of hours... okay several hours yesterday and managed to get things sorted out for my primary virtue toons, and most on my Infinity ones.
However, I am planning on running all the badges with Bella on Virtue, so I expect that I will be gathering up a great deal of TorT loot, to be shared out.
I agree it is a great event.
Re: Costume
Honestly, the real problem for me, having finished getting the extra costume slot on 3 characters, the Unseelie badge on two, and the Jack-in-Irons badge on one, is the badges.
Unseelies only appearing when a GM appears means unless you have a big patrolling team, the Unseelies are all dead by the time you get to a GM spawn.
Jack's spawning so rarely, his kill badge is really hard to get.

The costume slots and the other kill badges just require persistence more than luck.--
"Camaraderie, adventure, and steel on steel. The stuff of legend! Right, Boo?"