Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Won a Costume Contest! WOOHOO!!! ^_^
Won a Costume Contest! WOOHOO!!! ^_^
Title says it all, eh? Well there's a little more explanation about what went down to offer. (And I want to show off ^_^ Tongue )
So... a couple of weeks back, my COH/COV account went dark. No money to pay it. Same thing happened with WoW a couple of weeks earlier than that. I had JUST gotten a new job and hadn't gotten my check yet.
A friend of mine had an account that he wasn't using at all, for now, and was just keeping the payments up against the time when he felt like getting back into it. (He's been sucked almost completely into WoW and has discovered a new game called RF Online.) So I asked if I could use his account in order to "stave off withdrawal". He said sure, and I made a temp character on his account over on Virtue name Vigdis Brightblade. I even mentioned as much over here.
Anyway, with my own account paid up again, I decided yesterday to delete Vigdis from my friend's account and recreate her on mine on Virtue server. Got Minuet Mac Hine to help in the transfer of some funds from her and from Lora'Lai in order to make things a little easier.
Since I also had since gotten the "GVE" in-game items upgradfe to my account, I decided to upgrade Vigdis' outfit some. As follows -
Original Version:
[Image: VigdisBrightbladecrop01.jpg]
New Version:
[Image: VigdisBrightbladecrop02.jpg]
I was getting lots of tells and general comments on the coolness of the outfit, so when I was running through Atlas on my way back from a mission and heard the call for a new costume contest, I figured, what the heck?
I won Grand Prize, 500,000 Influence!!!
That on top of the 100,000 Influence from Lora'Lai means Vigdis won't be hurting for funds for a LONG time! Sweet!
I can't wait to see what that is going to look like with a long red cape!-Logan
-----------------
"This kind of thing tends invariably to devolve into the kind of "No, Nakajima, THIS is true power!!" argument that only really works if you're yelling it from the cockpit of a giant robot . . ."
-----------------
Re: Won a Costume Contest! WOOHOO!!! ^_^
Congratulations! I know the sweet satisfaction of wandering into a costume contest more or less at random and winning first place, and it indeed is a wonderful feeling.
-- Bob
---------
...The President is on the line
As ninety-nine crab rangoons go by...