Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GvsE Item Pack now available
GvsE Item Pack now available
They put it up a day early at the PlayNC store!
/secure.plaync.com/cgi-bin/plaync_buy.pl"Broad-minded is just another way of saying a fellow's too lazy to form an opinion." -- Will RogersGlobal: @Jimmy Amp

"Broad-minded is just another way of saying a fellow's too lazy to form an opinion." -- Will Rogers
Re: GvsE Item Pack now available
"Available" doesn't mean you can get it.
Credit card discrimination! =P
Quote:
The following credit/debit cards are accepted for online serial code/access key purchases from PlayNC:
* American Express
* American Express Corporate
* Discover Card
* JCB
* Visa
* As of August 24, 2006, MasterCard is no longer accepted for online code purchase payments.
I have two credit cards.
They're both MasterCard.
Well screw you.
Oh, I figure there's gotta be some sorta corporate issue going on round here, some dispute between MasterCard and PlayNC. Maybe MasterCard wants a larger fee from online vendors. I dunno.
But I'm freakin' annoyed 'ere. It's like, I totally have the money, I'm trying to give it to them, but they're not taking it.
-- Acyl
hm
You might be able to get one of those Visa or AmEx "gift cards" from your bank... it's like a debit card for an account with only the amount of the "gift." That should work, if you can't [or don't want to] get to a Wal-Mart for the hardcopy version.
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll
Re: hm
Quote:
You might be able to get one of those Visa or AmEx "gift cards" from your bank... it's like a debit card for an account with only the amount of the "gift." That should work, if you can't [or don't want to] get to a Wal-Mart for the hardcopy version.
Huh. I've never even heard of "gift cards" like that. I'd have to check that option out...assuming they exist in England. They certainly don't in Singapore.
(Which would be why, of course, that picking a copy up at Wal-Mart isn't an option either. Aside from the fact that buying a new box set would cost a lot more than just the $9.90 game code)
I'm not greatly concerned, mind...the MasterCard problem simply means I can't get the code right now, on my own money. I can probably, y'know, find someone to make the payment for me in exchange for cash, like I said. Just not immediately.
-- Acyl
Art Gallery
To give you an idea of what you'd be paying for: views of the complete Justice and Sinister piece-and-pattern sets, with optional bracers and greaves.
Justice, male:
[Image: Justice.png]
And female:
[Image: Justice2.png]
Sinister, male:
[Image: sinister.png]
And female, turned to clearly show the spider pattern running down the side:
[Image: sinister2.png]
Both are also available in Armor mode, and Sinister (but strangely not Justice) in baggy shirts. The Justice and Sinister color patterns can only be used on their specific costume pieces, which is kinda sad as I think they'd look good on plain tights.
And Ko3S wearing the jump pack:
[Image: jumppack.png]
[Image: jumppack2.png]
The pack won't show up as well on more muscular designs.
--Sam
"I have... Cary Grant karma, because I always prevail! Barry has Mussolini karma, because he was doing great for a while and then he had a really bad day."
re sinister
the sinister pattern will show up on female tights bottoms don't know about other things like monstrous
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll
Re: re sinister
Mastercard Statement from Cricket
We understand that the inability to purchase the City of Heroes Good Versus Evil Edition may be inconvenient and we'd like to apologize for any frustration this may be causing.
Due to the differences between the types of purchases and amount of fraud related to them, our billing limitations for game subscriptions is indeed different from that of online serial code purchases. Unfortunately, the option to use your MasterCard to purchase an online serial code is simply unavailable.
As an alternative solution, you may wish to purchase a Visa or Discover issued gift card to make the online serial code purchase. You will want to check the particular gift card's Term of Service to be sure that it can be used for online purchases.
You may also want to check with your local Wal-Mart to see if they have box copies in stock. Although the pricepoint will be a bit higher, you will receive an included month of game time, the installation disks and some additional goodies that only come with the retail box. The Good Versus Evil box is also available online at walmart.com.
Again, we apologize that you have experienced any inconvenience due to the inability use your MasterCard to purchase an online serial code but we hope that the suggestions offered will assist you.
This doesn't make much sense to me, business-wise. If the amount of fraud is so much greater with the use of Mastercards, why do they split hairs and allow them at all? Nothing we can do about it, though. Undecided"Broad-minded is just another way of saying a fellow's too lazy to form an opinion." -- Will RogersGlobal: @Jimmy Amp

"Broad-minded is just another way of saying a fellow's too lazy to form an opinion." -- Will Rogers
Mastercard now works for GvsE item pack!
Revised Mastercard Statement from Cricket
The following PlayNC changes have just been be made:
MasterCards can be used to purchase the Good Versus Evil in-game items. There are exceptions to this!
*The Good Versus Evil in-game items are the only type of online code purchases that accept MasterCards. The other online code purchases (game downloads) will not accept MasterCard. Physical products (tees, posters, etc.) always accepted MasterCards and will continue to do so.
*YOU MUST have an existing CoH, CoV or COH/COV account to purchase the Good vs. Evil Item Pack. This is a NEW change.
*If you have a US-based account you MUST select US. Same goes for European accounts...if you play on the European servers you MUST select Europe as your code type. Your actual location does not matter. It strictly depends on what servers you play on.
There are also other limitations regarding online code purchases in general.

Global: @Jimmy Amp
It's not Cryptic/NCSoft's fault, it's Mastercard's.
My wife had all sorts of issues with her Mastercard - apparently they've implemented all sorts of screwey online measures.--
Christopher Angel, aka JPublic
The Works of Christopher Angel
[Image: Con.gif]