Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Halloween Event on Test Now!
Halloween Event on Test Now!
Cricket:
"Halloween on Test!

You asked for its return...go check it out This event will run until Monday 25th, 10 AM CST. "

"Broad-minded is just another way of saying a fellow's too lazy to form an opinion." -- Will RogersGlobal: @Jimmy Amp

"Broad-minded is just another way of saying a fellow's too lazy to form an opinion." -- Will Rogers
Re: Halloween Event on Test Now!
Care to fill us in?
-- Bob
---------
...The President is on the line
As ninety-nine crab rangoons go by...
It's the return of the Halloween Event from 2004 (which was skipped last year). While it's in effect, you can 'trick or treat' in a zone that's level-appropriate for you (for lvl 50, PI, Rikti Crash Site, and the Shadow Shard), that is, click on doors, any doors. Sometimes you get treats (inspirations), sometimes you get tricks (Halloween monsters, witches, werewolves, Fir Bolgs(the event was the first appearance of Eochai and the Fir Bolgs), sometimes a rock (an homage to Charlie Brown). There are badges for killing these critters, too.
Newly added for this year is the special Event Salvage needed to unlock the 5th costume slot. The contacts for this are Annah in Croatoa (just SE of the Green Line) and Granny something in Nerva (on the island that you appear on when you use an SG base telepad to Nerva). "Broad-minded is just another way of saying a fellow's too lazy to form an opinion." -- Will RogersGlobal: @Jimmy Amp

"Broad-minded is just another way of saying a fellow's too lazy to form an opinion." -- Will Rogers
The contacts are already out. I saw Annah recently and he gave me his spiel. He's near the train station. Ebony the Black Dragon
Senior Editor, Living Room Games
http://www.lrgames.com
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."
Can low-level toons hope to accomplish the salvage thing, or should I wait until next year?
--Sam
"SPOON!"
Yes, you can trick or treat in whatever zone is appropriate for your level. Atlas should be pretty nuts when this goes live. I'll laugh my head off if Eochai makes an appearance there. A level 5 or so Giant Monster. Heh...."Broad-minded is just another way of saying a fellow's too lazy to form an opinion." -- Will RogersGlobal: @Jimmy Amp

How does the costume-slot stuff work? Do you need to visit the contact first, or do you stand a chance of getting it from any door, any time?
(And does it matter whether or not you've unlocked any of your other slots yet?)
--Sam
"It's a Yule tide!"
AFAIK, the contact just tells you what salvage you need to give her to unlock the 5th slot. Nothing's been said anywhere about any preconditions like levels or previous slots opened or even visiting her first.
To unlock it, you need something like 4 or 5 pieces of particular special Event salvage. I forget which ones, and I'm at work. Supposedly they'll all come from trick or treating, as random drops.
The Halloween event kill badges should be able to be earned again, too."Broad-minded is just another way of saying a fellow's too lazy to form an opinion." -- Will RogersGlobal: @Jimmy Amp

Ok, after trying it out last night, there are a few more important details.
Once you click on a door, you have a 60 second timer that starts, whether you get a trick or a treat. You can't click another door until that timer is up.
Eochai spawns in other zones with several Unseelie mobs around him, and he gives a different badge than the one in Croatoa, called Hallow Spirit. He spawned three times on Monkey Island in PI while I was there, twice in the same spot. "Broad-minded is just another way of saying a fellow's too lazy to form an opinion." -- Will RogersGlobal: @Jimmy Amp

Any word on when this one goes live? [Image: smile.gif] --
"I give you the beautiful... the talented... the tirelessly atomic-powered...
R!
DOROTHY!
WAYNERIGHT!

--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
No date given yet, but I'm guessing a couple of weeks before Halloween. [Image: happy.gif] "Broad-minded is just another way of saying a fellow's too lazy to form an opinion." -- Will RogersGlobal: @Jimmy Amp

*quick post from work*
A while back, I mentionned that an halloween party with cosplaying heroes would be neat, I still think it'd be awesome.
Anyone else wants to do it?
hmm
Well, Min already has her costume, doesn't she? Hm. what would Wide wear for a halloween costume?
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll
Re: hmm
Quote:
Well, Min already has her costume, doesn't she? Hm. what would Wide wear for a halloween costume?
Min's costume of course. (Or a festive variation thereof) :-) Hee hee hee. -Cindy
heheh
But they don't make Kilts or Pigtails for men at Icon! More's the pity...
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll
Re: heheh
Here's a suggestion - let's have this little get together on the test server. That way we can make all the adjustments to our costumes that we want and there are no lasting consequences to our characters back on their home servers.
It will also allow characters from both Infinity and Virtue to meet.
Here are instructions for loading test server on your machine if you don't have it.
Test Server instructions
Test Server Character Copy Tool
Another idea - Which character is your MAIN? I mean, the character that either is your first character that you created, or that you badge hunt with, or have put the most time and thought invested in?
Thing is, often, they're not on the same server with everyone else. My original, and a character I still enjoy playing, is a level 50 scrapper named Lora Doubet over on Justice.
Or maybe your main is a villain?
In any case, we can all meet in Pocket D. What say you all?
-Logan
-----------------
"This kind of thing tends invariably to devolve into the kind of "No, Nakajima, THIS is true power!!" argument that only really works if you're yelling it from the cockpit of a giant robot . . ."
-----------------
Re: heheh
Test server party. That's an awesome suggestion. I'm all for it...
...well, okay, I'm all for it, but I dunno if I'll be there. Since I ain't sure where I'll be living in a month's time. I'm doing the nomadic university student thing, since I wasn't able to get a dorm room this year. >_>;
Ahem.
It's a good idea in general, tho. And Pocket D is really a great point in that regard, 'specially for villain-hero cross attendance.
I don't really have a main character, personally...just a rotating 'first tier' of characters I'm playing more frequently. Syndesis, for example, is my oldest active character, and my only 50. I also collect badges on her. I'm probably more attached to Superball and Space Mage, though. But over the last few weeks, at least, I was playing Coordinator most often. Soooo...
-- Acyl